• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small hutch - any use to anyone?

RubyGordy

Alpha Buck
I asked on Freecycle for a small hutch to use as a hideout at the end of my guinea pig run and went to collect one that was offered but find it's too wide.

If anyone could use it for anything - run hideout/shelter whatever let me know. I've re-offered on Freecycle but no replies so far.

It's on short legs, four foot wide and just 20 inches high/deep.

I'm in Leeds.

Roz

I asked on Freecycle for a small hutch to use as a hideout at the end of my guinea pig run and went to collect one that was offered but find it's too wide.

If anyone could use it for anything - run hideout/shelter whatever let me know. I've re-offered on Freecycle but no replies so far.

It's on short legs, four foot wide and just 20 inches high/deep.

I'm in Leeds.

Roz

Hi Roz :)
Do you have any pictures of it?
x

Please don;t put it back on freecycle, or a muppet will put a rabbit in it for 10 years. If Jack doesn't want it, or a rescue, I would smash it up and put it in recycled wood at your dump.

here it is:

4fthutch.jpg

4fthutch2.jpg

Roof is slightly sloped down to the back. Height from the floor to the front of roof is 64cms. Height from floor to back of roof is 60cms.

Depth is 50cms. Length/width is 122cms. Height of hutch without legs is 50cms. You could take a bit off the legs if it's too high? :)

If Jack does not want it - could I have it to put in the cupboard as a bed for the buns as they have plenty of space to chill out in but no where they like to sleep and this would be ideal to add to the cupboard for a sleeping space.

Let me know- Im in Leeds! :wave:

Please don;t put it back on freecycle, or a muppet will put a rabbit in it for 10 years. If Jack doesn't want it, or a rescue, I would smash it up and put it in recycled wood at your dump.

I was pretty specific about what it should and should not be used for and have already refused a rabbit owner whose own rabbit ahd eaten a hole through its hutch. :shock:

But yes, you can never be sure, even though I suggested I'd deliver it myself. Maybe that's why no one else has replied!

I want to say a big thank you for this!!!

My buns love it - they go in the cupboard now and spend a lot of time in there snoozing on top of the hutch and I dont have to put them in the crate when I go out - they love their cupboard!

Thank you so very much!

Back