• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what age do you have your doe spayed???

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
as above please,
rexy has been neutered but coco is still whole, they see each other every day with just mesh between them and are 3 weeks away from being bonded

coco keeps nipping at rexy through the mesh and tries to box him, which doesn't look good for future bonding, rexy has calmed down really well since his op but coco looks like she is going to be a proper madame.

does it matter which one is dominant??
thanks

How old are they?

Its usually easier to bond if both rabbits are neutered so neither have hormones!

Girls can be speyed from 4- 6 months.

I bonded Peter and Posy when Posy was 3 months old and too young to be spayed. Then at 4.5 months hormones hit and they had a fight. I had to separate them, wait for her to be old enough to be spayed which was 5 months, wait for her to recover and then rebond. If I could do it again I would have waited till she was spayed to bond them in the first place.

When they were first bonded they were very loved up but this is not the case this time. The bond is good but not very close. I dont know if this was because of the fight they had before?

I would suggest waiting till she has been spayed.

Back