• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

White paint safe for bunnies?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Wanting to paint the inside of the shed something a bit like emulsion so i can wipe it when they spray (they are neutered but still spray!), but also something that won't hurt them if they manage to have a nibble
my uncle suggested PVA (that dries like rubber?), or a waterproof paint, anyone got any ideas?
thanks

Wanting to paint the inside of the shed something a bit like emulsion so i can wipe it when they spray (they are neutered but still spray!), but also something that won't hurt them if they manage to have a nibble
my uncle suggested PVA (that dries like rubber?), or a waterproof paint, anyone got any ideas?
thanks

I know some people use the glossy type of paint as it's easy to clean. Try find a non-toxic one :)

Others might disagree with me, but I would only use a paint from ECOS which has absolutely nothing toxic in it. Although more expensive, there is no smell from it at all.

Others might disagree with me, but I would only use a paint from ECOS which has absolutely nothing toxic in it. Although more expensive, there is no smell from it at all.

Do you have a website link? Do they do it in white thats kind of wipe clean?

I would use white gloss the same as is used for skirting boards. It's unlikely that rabbits are going to chew the centre of walls anyway and house buns are exposed to the same stuff. If there are any sticky out corners you could put protectors on them.

The other alternative would be to glue lino/vinyl to the walls.

Oh yeah never thought about it that way with housebuns. I do have like metal protectors on the walls, so i guess your right

thanks

:wave:pVA wouldn't be any good I don't think. It's sticky and usually used as a base for something else. Also would be toxic. The pet safe wood treatments would wipe clean with warm soapy water on a sponge then allow to dry. Or a sort of sticky back vinyl after you have treated the wood?

P/S I would say if you use gloss you will have to ventilate for a minimum of a week in this weather as it takes ages to lose the odour. I use Satin Wood indoors and you get a nice finish without the odour - I can't bear the smell of gloss

Back