• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU - emotional?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Is it just me or does this forum affect so many people ..

Just reading about little Saffy bought tears to my eyes and I feel really down now (obviously nothing compared to Nursecroft :cry::cry::cry::cry:) but I feel really sad and so sorry for her as well..

I often cry on Rainbow Bridge threads as well..Mopsy, Rosie, Autumn, Mowgli all really upset me .. but each and every bun that has gone to the bridge makes me :cry:

Equally I love catching up with news of other peoples buns and pictures - so many beautiful bunnies.. I often go to work wondering how certain buns are that day (if they are ill/going to be spayed etc) - please say its not just me and im going mad :oops:

I hope people dont mind me mentioning names but there are so many special buns and bunny mums and dads out there trying to do our absolute best for our little friends - its lovely to know :love:

Its been a tough few weeks - sometimes I could not bear to read stories and Nursecroft - my heart goes out to you - as it does to everyone who has lost a beloved bun or furry.
All my love to each and everyone of you. x x

Its not the stories that makes me upset, it's the way they are written with such emotion.

The only time I've cried at RU is when I read about Mowgli :(

i cant visit rainbow bridge, i find it unbearable to see thread after thread of such heartache.

i very often start my day with tears after my morning visit to RU. a very emotional forum

this is a 'safe place', isn't it? no-one here is going to say 'oh, its only a rabbit!' etc. people have their own ways of doing things but the principle of loving our bunnies and other animals is the same.

i don't think you're going mad, kaths101. it is emotional here - saffy today, autumn after a long battle - and when morse was very poorly i was checking his thread all the time and i'm still a bit concerned re ops and stuff...

it goes beyond the buns too - i was so worried about jacksjane, and so much wanted to comfort nursecroft - and clearly a lot of forum members know each other in real life... i think its an amazing support network, and a place where people can express their feelings and be understood.

I've lost count of the times I've cried reading of a loved bunny's passing.

One of the most memorable was when I was at work mid-afternoon and read that Evo had gone - I really struggled with my emotions and couldn't explain to anyone why (not allowed to go on internet during working hours). I don't visit the forum at work now as I daren't risk it.

It's really upsetting when any bunny you 'know' dies as you know what their owner is going through and how loved they were :( The accidental sudden losses such as Saffy have really floored me, the other one that sticks in my mind being Guiness and Briony :cry::cry:

I have a real sob at Rainbow Bridge and if anyone found me crying like that they'd think that something awful had just happened to me!!! And you're right about the emotion of the owners, because you empathize with them about how you'd feel when it's your buns who are dead.

Well I'm sat here with tears rolling down my face right now. Yes; it was Saffy's thread that set me off but the above thread of little Gwen was so sad too.

I guess we can all truly empathise having loved and lost so many animals of our own. Every time we lose one of our animals my husband says "Is it really worth it?!" - he gets just as upset as me. (When we had to have our old Syrian hamster pts recently he had to take him in as it was the only appointment we could get and I work later than him - it was the first time he's had to do it and he was all choked up and teary-eyed in the vets.)

You know in your heart it *is* worth it, that all the love and laughter they bring to you in their little lives makes it worthwhile but it hurts so much at the time that you can't help but wonder. :cry:

Sending my thoughts and hugs to all those hurting tonight xxx

Very occasionaly now, I visit Rainbow Bridge. When I read about Kermit dying, that just made me a total mess and I swore to stay away from then. I've guessed what happened to Nursecroft's bun and I can't read it - I know that would make me sob :cry: And who can forget little Next, everyone was routing for the wee babe and then he devestated us all.
I agree with Happybun - you feel like you know the other people on here and when they're going through a tough time that gets to me to and I worry about them.

I burst into tears at work when I read about Peanut Butter...I don't really read Rainbow Bridge, it is just too sad :( :(

But then there are the amazing stories of buns coming from horrible conditions and finding wonderful homes, and stories like Eddie's and Elwood's are so uplifting.

It is emotional though!

I've lost three buns and a wife.....divorce i mean!!! And whilst going through those things i've always returned to this forum, i feel it's because the people on here are so kind and caring, they don't judge like outsiders as most have been through the same pain.
I've also found over the years that rabbit owners tend to be very caring, not sure why but they've always given me comfort at times of distress.....thing is i've never met or spoken to any of them.

Thank you, you've all been so kind.

I'm always blubbering at this forum! I cry when I see piccies of ill treated bunnies, when they die etc etc.

Emotional it is indeed, so much sadness, today in particular my heart just went out to Nursecroft and I felt so desperately sorry for her loss, then reading about little Gwen after only looking at the videos today :cry::cry:

Its so very hard to read about people's great losses and so shocking at times, but I return again and again as I have found such great comfort in sharing my losses and the support from all on here has been amazing.

The loss of my first bun Gabriel in April this year ripped my heart apart and there was nowhere else I could have recieved the amount of support and condolences as on here.... my Bun, my heart...

Then with the recent loss of my dear Mum about 2 1/2 months ago, this was the first place I was able to begin to come to terms with MY loss rather than the family loss and again, the support was amazing. I was able to begin to greive my loss and know you are all here when I need a lift... it will be a long road... :cry::cry::cry:

Yes, an emotional place but a place of such support and comfort I only hope I can give back what I receive.

My thoughts are with all those who have experienced such loss through the death of a loved one xxx

I get very emotional when I read some peoples threads and post's of sick and lost bunnies and there has been so many just lately and many times I end up in tears, I don't think we would be human if we didn't cry.

I find the forum a rollercoaster of emotion at times. The wonderful rescue stories with happy ending are so heart warming, and the threads where people embrace change and are willing to listen are just great... a real boost for rabbit welfare - I love the way the knowledge from here can be tapped into by any rabbit owner googling for advice....the ability of the forum to improve so many rabbit's lives and save so many lives in an emergency is what makes it for me :)

But as with anything in life, happy moments are always accompanied by sad ones, and tonight there was nothing more tragic for me than Saffy's story. :cry: For anyone running over an animal is upsetting, to run over your own pet must be one of the worst things imaginable, I can not even comprehend how devastated Nursecroft must be feeling, the pain and guilt must be just so awful. Life can be very cruel sometimes to those who have given so much to provide their loved ones with all their needs .... it just doesn't seem fair. :cry:

I always think to myself however that any bun given the choice would choose a short happy life over a long miserable one.

Back