• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

devil pony

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Use to own this pony 4years ago, got asked to go ride her as shes appaz constantly rearing and bolting everywere with her head in the air.....maybe not.
ignore me very early and was rather hungover :lol:

12136_103948532954885_100000192155330_110454_6231912_n.jpg

12136_103948539621551_100000192155330_110456_3795373_n.jpg

12136_103948526288219_100000192155330_110452_4478316_n.jpg

12136_103948522954886_100000192155330_110451_800492_n.jpg

12136_103948519621553_100000192155330_110450_6219132_n.jpg

Awww she's beautiful.

I know riders can physically out grow horses but I could never sell a horse and get another one. I have never been able to understand how people are able to do this? I t would be like getting rid of one of my family.

Rabswood

aw what a pretty pony, it's amazing how many people bring their ponies up to my yard complaining about them being naughty, once their actually "ridden" for a couple of weeks their grand.

I only sold her as I was out of juniors, she couldn't do the things she loved as unlike my other pony couldn't make senior distances.
I have the horses now and a pony who can make senior strides, she would of been being left out and not as much attention towards her.

Id rather sell her to a happy home were she gets all the attention she deserves and does the things she loves then being the one left out down mine :)

Shes lovely :love:

Ponies dont just start rearing and bolting for no reason though :? Have they had her back and saddle checked?

shes lovely and looks to be doing fine??

Breeze can be a stroppy mare sometimes.. generally when we havent worked her enough.. after a few days of some good work, shes an angel :love:

re-read it, you're right ive read it wrong. In that case she looks fine to me, maybe its her new rider thats the problem.

They have had everything checked, vets out, saddle fitters, new made to measure saddle, chiro, dentist and even had bowen done.

No thats from yesterday when I went to ride her, shes a hairy hippo to how she was. Couldn't afford not to get on anything in my job as we buy unbroken horses get them started then sell them :lol:

They have had everything checked, vets out, saddle fitters, new made to measure saddle, chiro, dentist and even had bowen done.

No thats from yesterday when I went to ride her, shes a hairy hippo to how she was. Couldn't afford not to get on anything in my job as we buy unbroken horses get them started then sell them :lol:

Oh i couldnt do that, have only ever sold two horses and that was because mum became ill and i didnt have enough time for them all, broke my heart.

Plus you're mad, i used to get on other peoples problem horses before i fell off my own (first fall in 10 years and dont bounce so well now!) i have nerve damage in my right shoulder now, my own stupid fault for trying to hang on to him once i was on the ground! Decided then i couldnt risk anymore injuries riding other peoples horse so i only ride winston now because he's my favourite and isnt a problem horse.... just abit cheeky!

I couldn't sell my own three personal ones.....there my babies :oops::lol:

But with the ponies I always knew we would have to sell them when too old to compete them and the ones we get in to sell, I know they have to be sold so its not as hard, but saying that I still get attached to some :love:

I couldn't sell my own three personal ones.....there my babies :oops::lol:

But with the ponies I always knew we would have to sell them when too old to compete them and the ones we get in to sell, I know they have to be sold so its not as hard, but saying that I still get attached to some :love:

I sold my 14'3 liver chesnut forest pony to be honest he was bought with the intention of selling him he was to keep the colt we bred company, we believe in colts having playmates. He was completely wild off the forest when we bought him. I spent hours and hours in the stable with him and i couldnt help getting attached, i backed him and sold him to what i thought was a nice family, parents did what you do and ride pnies on they said this is what they'd do and their daughter would take him to pony club in a years time. He was a nervous pony until he knew you and needed time to get his head round things but boy could he jump! They ignored me, took him hunting (id only walked and trotted him, he was mega green!) they put the little girl on him, he bolted and ran straight into a bog and broke his leg, he was put down then and there, he was 4 years old.

Couldnt do it again, my other pony i sold for way under what he was worth to a good family friend who is very experienced.

Last edited:
Awww she's beautiful.

I know riders can physically out grow horses but I could never sell a horse and get another one. I have never been able to understand how people are able to do this? I t would be like getting rid of one of my family.

Rabswood

I agree. I still own my pony from when I was 12 and if I sat on her my feet would nearly touch the floor :lol:.

Back to topic. She seems to be behaving for you. From the pictures she seems like a school master :lol: Did you have any troubles on her or do you think its down to inexperienced riders?

I agree. I still own my pony from when I was 12 and if I sat on her my feet would nearly touch the floor :lol:.

Back to topic. She seems to be behaving for you. From the pictures she seems like a school master :lol: Did you have any troubles on her or do you think its down to inexperienced riders?

Not all ponies are happy to retire though, some get bored and enjoy their work too much. My sisters old pony is out on loan as a companion pony quite happy but the colt we bred hated not being in work through all his problems, he was depressed. We drive our cobs though they cant be outgrown!

Not all ponies are happy to retire though, some get bored and enjoy their work too much. My sisters old pony is out on loan as a companion pony quite happy but the colt we bred hated not being in work through all his problems, he was depressed. We drive our cobs though they cant be outgrown!

Shes not retired :D Before I had my daughter we would get children to come and ride her (on lead rein) and my mom would also walk her out with me on my horse and even though she wasn't rode she had plenty of exercise and sights to see. I also enjoyed jumping her as it was brilliant exercise for me getting over the jumps. We were her 4th home that we knew to and she was only 6! That's not far of a home a year and that would have probably gone on for many years to come as at 12 hh shes not gonna last anyone long at all. I just couldn't re-home her and not be sure of her future. Shes my grumpy little mare.:love: She is helping my 5 year old daughter learn to ride now and she means the world to her.

I thought the pics were from yesterday.. she looks good.. so i wonder if its them.. maybe she trying it on?? Breeze does that with me cos i havent got the strength i need in my legs.. little madam..

I shared a horse with a friend we got her on loan for a year.. we had a horrendous year with her and decided to give her back.. doing that i was absolutely heartbroken.. i thought alot of her and still wish i had her in a sense.. even though she put us through a hell of alot.. :roll:

We have had Breeze nearly seven years now.. i couldnt imagine life without her.. shes like my best friend.. i adore her :oops: :) :)

I had my horse for 22 years and they were the best years of my life the time I spent with her, I had to have her pts as she was very ill and my heart broke and I could not bare to buy another horse as there wasn't one that could have taken her place. That was 21 years ago on the 5th November and I still miss her so very much. :(

Back