• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rabbit ears!

neenee

Warren Scout
Iam huge worrier when it comes to my rabbit, the slightest fly in the cage and im afraid she gets fly strike haha. My latest worry is when i was giving her a weekly healthy check i noticed she hates having her ears touched ( at the base) i know most buns arnt fond of it but she really hates it, she kicks and scrambles. I took her to the vet and he said he'd never seen anything like it but her ears were fine if not a little hot, Iam confused so any help would be grateful :D

Did you adopt your bunny or have you had her since she was a baby? I met a bunny once who hated having his ears touched at all because his previous owners used to pick him up by the ears :(

Last edited:
Did you adopt your bunny or have you had her since she was a baby? I met a bunny once who hated having his years touched at all because his previous owners used to pick him up by the ears :(

thats horrible, what ashame!! no ive had her since she was little, my friend bred her :)

Ah, I see. Not sure what it is then.. could just be her personality?
Someone else might be able to help you ^_^

Iam huge worrier when it comes to my rabbit, the slightest fly in the cage and im afraid she gets fly strike haha. My latest worry is when i was giving her a weekly healthy check i noticed she hates having her ears touched ( at the base) i know most buns arnt fond of it but she really hates it, she kicks and scrambles. I took her to the vet and he said he'd never seen anything like it but her ears were fine if not a little hot, Iam confused so any help would be grateful :D

what breed of bunny is she, some breeds are alittle more nervous when you stroke them, especially the ears, my rosie is a netherland dwarf, and it took a good year or two to win her confidence :wave:

I wouldn't worry about it neenee.
I got my bun when he was probably roughly 16 -17 weeks, & he hated any form of handling, being far more interested in rushing around & exploring the world.
I gently persevered until I could do the basic checks,starting with the ones he tolerated best, but didn't push for anything else. Ears were the worst!
Suddenly when he was about 3 he just loved being rubbed round the base of his ears, & turned into the biggest softee imaginable!!!!

Back