• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I Have The Idiots Guide Tooooooooooooo

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
BONDING PLEASE,
if you can give me suggestions of things i will need and the best tricks to make it go smoothly please..... 3 weeks to go................... cant wait to have them both settled together..........would like to start getting the things i will need...
thanks;)

I 'll follow this too, though both mine are neutered now! Brian was done on the 16th October and Jemimah on the 13th November, just waiting for them both to settle down!:wave: Even got them sharable christmas presents, so this bonding better go to plan! :lol::lol:

i have rexy neutered but not coco ( yet) just want to let her settle in and get her neutered in the spring...

I have gone against everything you are MEANT to do and have introduced them whilst on me. I sat on my bed with Ruby on one side and Ted on the other and they both lay down. I then lay Ruby next to Ted and stroked them.

I don't like the bonding method where you let them get on with it unless they attack each other. Ted has already damaged Ruby and once they are locked it's hard to get them to let go!!

"I" would sit them on your lap together and stroke them both....but this is just me! You'll get lots of replies saying NOT to listen to me. At the end of the day every bun is different and you'll know how they'll react!!

Hope you get some good advice!!

I'd like to add that they aren't bonded yet, but will happily sit together, and spent the night in the same cage!! (A day after Ted brutally attacked my little girl!)

Tbh with you, I just plonked Delly in and they did the rest.
I was so scared, and was hyperventilating like mad!! I had people on hand though via webcam :lol: to make sure that they were ok.

There was alot of running around, Delila sort of ran around and went up the walls of the cage whilst Ogs had his evil way :roll: They were like it all night, but by the morning were good.

They are full on in love now. And oggie isnt the one the doing the humping anymore - its Dells! :lol:

That is actually how I bonded Lola and Max!:wave: but I only ever had one fur pulling incident! I've had Lola and Brian out together and Lola and Lenny too and that went fine, but Lola is actually a big softy and is really nice and gentle with every bunny, (it was Max pulling her fur the first time) the only thing she demands is that the other bunny lick her head.

Back