• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cambridgeshire (and close) Get Together?? U/D Post 13 Choose a time and place

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
I know there are a few of us in the area so does anyone else fancy a 'mid December' get together??

We could meet in town or out somewhere like Wimpole (except must not go near the Farm there:() or at my place (lots of buns to look at!!).

Even if there's just a couple of us it would be fun!!

People on Cambs side of Suffolk/Beds etc also very very welcome.

Last edited:
I know there are a few of us in the area so does anyone else fancy a 'mid December' get together??

We could meet in town or out somewhere like Wimpole (except must not go near the Farm there:() or at my place (lots of buns to look at!!).

Even if there's just a couple of us it would be fun!!

People on Cambs side of Suffolk/Beds etc also very very welcome.

Sounds good. Do you not like the farm either?

Ooooh! Newmarket close enough?! I'd love to! In town/or close, would be best for me....as I'm not driving yet! :D:D:D (I was thinking of asking this! Great idea!)

I'd be interested depending on when and if kiddies are welcome...

Well mine HAS to come!! :roll::lol::lol::lol: I could leave him at home but he might protest....a 22 month old can make soup, right?! (I've watched Matilda!!)

GREAT:D:D:D:D

And Essex people very very welcome if they can make it this far!

So what would everyone prefer?

Weekend/Weekday/Evening/Afternoon/Morning??

Early dec or mid Dec?

I live on the east side of Cambridge, near Abbey Swimming Pool of anyone knows it. I am about 4 mins easy drive off the A14 and a bus from Newmarket passes within a couple of hundred metres.

So how does anyone feel about my place?

I promise to put up some lovely Xmas decs if it was mid Dec and some bun themed nibbles (carrot cakes, bunny biscuit shapes etc!) !!

OR we could make it the centre of town if anyone fancies/ (though parking very expensive!). Sounds like a country venue might be out if some don't have cars.

Either reply here or PM me!

Happy to come and gatecrash your place :)

I work full time Mon-Fri so weekends are better for me. Could possibly do an evening depending on which one although to be honest I'm usually so pooped by the time I get home from work I just want to put my jimmies on and sit in front of the telly :lol:

Our meet up never happened....so I thought I'd resurrect the thread!

Anyone still up for it? I'd like to meet you Cambridgeshire/Suffolk RU'ers! :D

I would LOVE to do this - and am very very willing to host it - with tea and cakes and buns!

BUT I gave up last time due to lack of time to organise in terms of getting a date/day/time that as many people as possible could make it.

If Teddy's Mummy wants to try and fix a time/date/day then I would be happy to host:D:D

I could also do pick ups from the railway station OR failing that two bus services run past the house.

Back