• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding attempt #2 - U/D post 6 (with pictures)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I have cleaned out the dog crate, taken out the shelf and put the bunnies in it. There was a little bit of a scrap... a really tiny bit, just jumping and Grim stamping and now they've both settled down. They're lying near each other but not really interacting at all. They have food and water but nothing else. Samus has eaten food and hay, but as far as I'm aware Grim hasn't eaten anything apart from a bit of biscuit I gave him...

Should I introduce toys? And how long should I leave them in the confined space? They're not fighting but if I let them out I think Grimlock is more than likely just going to run away and hide. He really doesn't like not being in charge, lol.

Last edited:
i would leave them at least 24 hours .. ;)

hand feed them through the bars if you are worried about grimlock eating ..

good luck :wave:

Thank you. :D

Grimlock ate some hobnob... I'm going to have to stop pandering to him, no wonder he's spoilt. :oops:

Makesure you gradually increase the space if things are going well in 24 hours, if they start to act aggressively towards eachother again then reduce for a while longer. As long as toys are neutralised you can pop some in.

So far all is going well. They have been with us in the living room tonight and there has been a minuscule amount of snuggling.

And...

Samus did her first binkie! :love::love::love:

And...

They're both using the litter tray down here to pee. I'll work on poo later. :lol:

Update:
Bonding is going slowly... but very well. :D

Here are some pictures... bad quality as I was using my phone again, but you can just make out the snuggles.

In the dog crate on the first night
SP_A0334.jpg

The snuggles I caught on camera today
SP_A0337.jpg

SP_A0338.jpg

SP_A0339.jpg

SP_A0340.jpg

SP_A0341.jpg

SP_A0342.jpg

And this picture's just cute. :love:
SP_A0333.jpg

Back