• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My housebunny is getting amorous with my cat

antigone

Wise Old Thumper
:shock::shock:... my big male cat, that is. I just don't know what to do, as he's not old enough to be castrated. He's 14 weeks old and my vet said that he can get him done when he's 4 months old. I don't know if I should call the vet and bring the operation forward. Is it going to be safe/is he old enough? At the moment he only gets about 3 hours a day out of his cage. The plan is to eventually bond him with the others. I just don't want him to spend the next two weeks locked up.:(
Any advice will be welcome.

I know exactly how you feel, when we had Bungle, he was our first bun, he would not leave the cats alone. I have to say that they were really good with him most of the time but they were getting fed up. they used to back themselves into a corner to eat. A couple of times they hissed at him but they were so good with him. I think that you should still let him out but watch him. He cant possibly be left in his cage for the next couple of weeks, he will get so depressed and he does need excercise.

We let them take it in turns to have space in the house so that it was fair or we let the cats in the kitchen and dining room while Bungle had the lounge and hallway.

Hang in there, I know its tough

I know exactly how you feel, when we had Bungle, he was our first bun, he would not leave the cats alone. I have to say that they were really good with him most of the time but they were getting fed up. they used to back themselves into a corner to eat. A couple of times they hissed at him but they were so good with him. I think that you should still let him out but watch him. He cant possibly be left in his cage for the next couple of weeks, he will get so depressed and he does need excercise.

We let them take it in turns to have space in the house so that it was fair or we let the cats in the kitchen and dining room while Bungle had the lounge and hallway.

Hang in there, I know its tough

Thank you very much.:)
ETA I have decided to take your advice and wait. If I bring the operation forward and he dies in the operation theatre, I will never forgive myself. Leaving him locked up, as you said, will not be fair on him. I never leave my bunnies unsupervised with my cats anyway. :wave:

Last edited:
Back