• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet fees

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone happen to know how much a consult and half an hour surgery time would cost at their vets?

Mine are charging me £65 for Snowdrop tonight. All that covers is the consult and the surgery time. I already have meds here so didnt have to pay for any. The vet was brilliant and didnt charge me emergency rate even though it was after closing time but I still think its expensive compared with others.

She is insured but I would only get £10 back so its not worth bothering!

Was it actually at the emergency vets, or did your usual vet stay open late for you? The emergency vets here charge nearly a £100 before they'll even look at the animal

I think thats a great price, its £110 before treatment if its out of hours here:wave:

I know its good because I should have been charged out of hours so I know I have got a good deal.

I just think had it been a normal day time appointment I would have felt a bit ripped off had I been charged £65 for an appointment and half an hour to glue a cut. Especially when a dental under GA at my other vets only costs £50!

Was it actually at the emergency vets, or did your usual vet stay open late for you? The emergency vets here charge nearly a £100 before they'll even look at the animal

Our usual vets do their own emergency service so they saw me at 6.15 and only charged me normal rate although they close at 6pm.

Last time I visited the vets with Mr Bunny I paid £45 for consultation and for having the tear ducts flushed out (without GA). An out of hours consultation costs £100.:)

Here normal consult is £9.95

My vet is open until 9pm normal hours.

After then, the consult is £68.95 before any treatment is done.

Ive only ever used out of hours once ....I was charged £12 as consultation and a total of £36 including meds for stasis.

The vet was already at the surgery so I think I was charged less for that reason :?

my vet its £23 consultation fee for small animals so mice to rabbits then £25 for cats and £30 for dogs i dont no what out of hours is i never used it.

That's probably about what my vet would charge in normal hours. I've only ever had emergency appointments for PTSs but I know my vet would never let me off the extra charges XD

Normal consultation at our vet is £26 - emergency vet was £80 just to walk through the door! That was over two years ago so I imagine it would've gone up since then. I'd say £65 wasn't too bad :lol:

Back