• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop has cut her chin- update, been glued.

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Just noticed Snowdrop has a cut under her chin from the scuffle. Have taken her to the vets who are going to glue it. Luckily she is so used to going to the vets it doesnt seem to be bothering her. Hopefully I can go and collect her again in an hour. Vet said its only skin and not muscle that is torn but if the glue doesnt hold it because of the position of it then she will need stitches and he would want to do a GA. Have had to sign to say she can be sedated for the gluing but he hopes she wont need it as she is really calm.

I know its all my fault so please dont post if you dont have anything nice to say.

I would just like some vibes for my little girly please.

Last edited:
Just been back to the vets to fetch her. She was a good girl as always and let him do it without any sedation. She has had some metacam and septrin and the vet says it has closed nicely. We need to stop her grooming tonight as much as we can incase she pulls it apart so she has a collar but only needs it on when not supervised. Its only a small one and has little pink paws on it!

I need lots of "dont reopen the wound vibes" for her.

I'm so sorry.:( It's not your fault; I feel guilty for advising you to introduce them through bars.:oops: Sending lots of vibes for Snowdrop xxxx

Have tried to keep an eye on her to stop her grooming as the vet didnt want her twisting too much incase it reopens her wound. They have given me a collar to put on her overnight- do you think she needs it? It has come together well and is still glued at the minute. She is busy pigging out on her tea so it isnt bothering her.

She is such a brave girl. Going to put her and Strawbs together in the dog crate tomorrow and hope they will rebond easily.

Only just seen this Rach - I'm sorry to hear about Snowdrop :( Sending her lots of vibes not to pull open her wound. I might be tempted to leave her collar on for tonight & take it off as early as possible tomorrow morning - but just make sure she's able to eat & drink with it on.

Honestly please don't blame yourself, things can happen when bonding buns - they can be unpredictable! (((hugs))) xxx

aww hope snowdrops chin heals up soon :love:

Dont blame yourself - its sooo tricky knowing what to do for the best sometimes!!

good luck with the rebond tomorrow - aren't weekends meant to be times to De-Stress??? bet you'll be glad when all this is over!

Love to you all :love:

Sending positive thoughts for Snowdrop.

Similar thing happened to my stud bun Zander, shortly after adopting him he went to greet one of the other bunnies and she munched him through the bars.

I was there and happened in a split second. It was 11pm on a saturday night, so nice phonecall to emergency vets, they stitched him and he came home the day after. He developed a stitch abscess but it healed well and now 6 years later there's no sign, no bald spot, nothing :)

With stitches
ZanderA.jpg
ZanderB.jpg

Healed (pictured with Bridge wifey)
ZanderWillow.jpg

Last edited:
Back