• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An ALERT from the RWAF

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Please be aware that 'Woodland Eucalyptus sticks' do indeed contain eucalyptus.

Toxicity from eucalyptus in non-marsupials is well documented. The RWAF is taking this up with the manufacturer direct, but in the mean time please pass this on to any rabbity friends.

Do any other items in their range? Cos there are various products that have mixed leafy things in, like the woodland floor mix.

Please be aware that 'Woodland Eucalyptus sticks' do indeed contain eucalyptus.

Toxicity from eucalyptus in non-marsupials is well documented. The RWAF is taking this up with the manufacturer direct, but in the mean time please pass this on to any rabbity friends.

:shock:

please also see this thread
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=200235&highlight=woodlands
it seems this woodlands range has not been put together very well!!
pah brought out their own range after getting rid of the rosewood naturals range and even the packaging is almost the same!! I have used the rosewood range for sometime with no problems but after what i have heard wouldn't go near the new woodlands range especially now!!! i think we should all contact pah to bring back the rosewood range as pah obviously don't have the knowledge and are putting our animals at risk!!:evil:

:shock: Just checked mine but, they are the Burgess Excel ones ! I do have a bag of the Woodlands Salad Feast - doesn't mention Eucalyptus ? Has peppermint, meadow grass, flaked wheat, Flaked Oats, Marigold, Parsley, Beetroot, Flaked Peas, Carrots, Nettle, Wheat, Popped Wheat, Flaked Corn, Alfalfa, Birch Leaves, Rose Petals & Lemon Balm - bought it the other day - just sprinkling a tablespoon on the edible hay and they nom it! x

I'd be interested to know whether it's eucalyptus oil or leaves that are toxic, as eucalyptus oil is highly concentrated, and what these treats contain. We were having this discussion on the Guinea Pig Forum a little while ago.

I'd be interested to know whether it's eucalyptus oil or leaves that are toxic, as eucalyptus oil is highly concentrated, and what these treats contain. We were having this discussion on the Guinea Pig Forum a little while ago.

I would think both are toxic

Ive been giving an egg cup full of the woodlands food along with my buns pellets for two weeks and had no issues?!

ETA - i know your not on about this but i am just wondering if it is something to avoid in general??

Last edited:
Back