• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teddy update (U/D He's going to be ok!!)

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
We went to the Vets this morning and he's still there for blood tests, possibly an x-ray.

His weight has gone up from 5.45 to 6.1kg in two weeks. :D:D

When she felt his tummy he started grinding his teeth :( so he has to be in pain. She doesn't think it's an infection and his temperature is normal. So I have to wait for the results to come back from the blood test. His tummy is very round, so it's probably something internal. His gut is free from obstructions. I left her with a poo sample and a wee sample.

He should be coming home in then next few hours.

He's not feeling at all well and bit me today. He's usually so lovely and affectionate!

Ruby is absolutely fine today, thank goodness!!!

Last edited:
Poor Teddy :cry:

I hope the Vet can find out what is wrong and then prescribe treatment to get him better.

Thanks! I'll do whatever it takes to get him better!!

He's also going on a course of general antibiotics to see if that helps at all.

How's Morse doing?!

Thanks! I'll do whatever it takes to get him better!!

He's also going on a course of general antibiotics to see if that helps at all.

How's Morse doing?!

In himself he is so much better thanks. I'll just be glad when Monday is over, the day of his big op'...................

It is great weight gain! This is about what I figured he SHOULD be. His spine is still (for want of a better term) a razor-back. He's triangular.

He's quite perky now he's back. He has fur missing on his ears so looks a bit silly! :lol::lol:

Glad Morse is feeling better! Good luck for Monday! I'll keep an eye out!

Goodness I'm so sorry that Teddy is poorly. :( You were so right to localize it to his tummy too.

Everything crossed for Teddy.

Goodness I'm so sorry that Teddy is poorly. :( You were so right to localize it to his tummy too.

Everything crossed for Teddy.

He's getting VERY grumpy. If I go into his room (or near it) then he spooks and runs off. He charges at Oliver when he comes into the same room, he attacks me (boxing) randomly when we're having cuddles. When I give him his medicine, which he hates, he goes mental and will nip me.

...THIS ISN'T TEDDY!!!! It's hard for anyone to know as they haven't met/lived with him. I've had him since he was 8 weeks and he has NEVER hurt me/or anyone on purpose. He is a giant softie and always has been.

I'm going mental...I don't know what to do with him. The vets can't think of doing anything until the bloods come back (tomorrow-Wednesday), but I can't carry on like this. My little man is ill and he can't tell me what's wrong!!:(:(

I hope the bloods do find something so that you can treat him. It is so frustrating when they are ill and you can't find out what it it.

Sending Teddy lots of vibes, I hope he is feeling better soon.

Poor Teddy, it would be so much easier if we spoke bunny language, but his bdy language is a sure sign that something is not quite right isnt it.
Hopefully the results will shed some light and you will be able to get to the bottom of things.
Sending you both lots of hugs. xx

U/D He's going to be ok!!

I am elated! Mary-Rose, the vet, called me up whilst she was looking at his bloods.

He has a chronic infection somewhere....but they don't know where. His white blood cells are far too high, so he's trying to fight an infection, his red blood cells are a bit low (but his marrow is making them). His liver is affected (but not enough for it to be a problem.

All this means that he's had a very long term infection that he hasn't been able to fight off! If I hadn't caught it when I had (with the weight loss) then it could have become a lot worse.

He's going to be on a long course of Baytril, and will have more bloods taken in two weeks.

I can't tell you how happy I am!! I think I know where the infection came from. I "think" he had a scuffle with a cat when in Bristol (4 weeks-ish) ago, as I noticed a few scabs. BUT HE'S GOING TO BE ALRIGHT!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Back