• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone use probiotics?

Joh619

Alpha Buck
Hey up,

As Walter is currently on antibiotics, we've been giving him probiotics. He's been having Protexin Professional for Companion Animals for about 3 weeks. We usually put a bit in his water and the rest goes on some spring greens before we go to bed to make sure that he's eating it. He's quite happy eating it, and Nora loves it and will follow him around and lick up any powder that's fallen on the floor :lol:

However, we ran out the other night so I sent my OH to the vets to get s'more and they gave us some different stuff: Protexin Bio-Lapis for Rabbits. Started using it last night and its horrible! It smells really horrible and Walter wouldn't eat his spring greens with it on. Nora wouldn't eat them either, and that's the first thing I've ever seen Nora not want to eat! Is this one supposed to be really horrible? The use by date isn't until 2011, so that's fine, but it is kinda brown - is it supposed to be like that? The other one was white powder and just tasted like sugar lol. I didn't bother giving him any this morning and I didn't put any in their water as I actually want them to drink it :(

I've seen the Protexin Professional online a whole load cheaper than at the vets, so would I just be best of getting this?

Thanks

I also use Pro C - we have recently started my husbands bun, Henry, on it due to his mucky bum - you can put it on their food or in their water. It smells really sweet and Henry happily drinks his water with it in so it can't be that bad - he's such a fussy bun :lol:

It is out of stock at the hay experts, but pets at home also sell it :wave:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/proc...ext=pro+c&msg=MSG_SEARCH_ONE_MATCHING_PRODUCT

We also put Pro C in our bunnies water regularly as well as pro-fibre granules from our vets that you can add as a sprinkling to their normal food. In our experience both have been excellent in keeping Harriet and Erin happy and healthy :)

Thanks for the replies. I'll get OH to pop into P@H on the way home so the bunnies don't have to go without their probiotic today. Especially as its injection day today :cry:

Back