• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you massage a bunny tummy?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
What's the best way to massage a bunny's tummy who might have slight tummy pains or a little bit of bloat and showing very early symptoms of going into stasis? Do you use circular motion or simple downward strokes? and what sort of pressure?

I would rub a little firmer then if i was fussing and i guess I would do a mix of up and down and round and round :lol: I'd just try around until I found what my bunny enjoyed!!

Personally I'd get your Vet to show you . Sometimes massaging the abdomen can do more harm than good and you need to know a bit about what you are feeling

Thank you! This is the 4th time this year! Last time Daisy had full blown stasis and ended up at the vets for 5 days! We got some metacam into her and chased her around, attempted a small massage (before yr comments Jane!) and Daisy closed her eyes! A little while later she started eating again! I have them booked in for their Myxo jabs on Sat morn so I'll ask for a demo then!

Back