• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

36" hutch on Medic Animal being advertised as suitable for rabbits!

Furries

Warren Scout
MedicAnimal: care with a conscience... or not.

I have just sent them this email:

Hello

I notice that you're selling a 36" hutch and advertising it as suitable for rabbits. The RSPCA and RWAF recommend a 6'x2'x2' minimum for rabbits (or the four-hop rule), so this 3ft hutch is half the recommended size. 36" x 17" isn't really big enough for guinea-pigs as the recommended hutch size is 4'x2' minimum for two guinea-pigs (and guinea-pigs shouldn't really live alone).

Would you consider no longer advertising this a rabbit hutch, or indeed removing it from sale altogether?

Here is the link to the hutch: http://www.medicanimal.com/product/...T_SPECIFIC/~root_category_id=MA-SMALL_ANIMALS

Thank you

Anything else I should add before I send it, such as 'I was considering buying some Panacur rabbit wormer from your site, but after seeing this hutch won't be doing so'?

Back