• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots of new piggies at Walsall RSPCA

x-vic-x

Mama Doe
Firstly the single females

Maddie (Maddie has been in rescue since May)

maddie.jpg

Maddie was part of a large rescue operation the RSPCA were involved in. She was being housed with many other species in a shed with was very dim and dark. It started out with the individual trying to help out a few animals, but when breeding occurred it soon got out of control and the animals were not being housed in a clean and suitable way. Due to the way in which they were being kept the girls have come to us very nervous indeed. We have no doubts they will overcome this with time love and patience, but they will need adult homes and no small kids about. We would estimate Maddies age to be about 6-9 months.

Bea

bea2.jpg

Bea is a very sweet little female guinea pig, 2 years old. She came into care with a young rabbit who had been bullying her so they were quickly spearated. Bea is an inqusitive and friendly little girl. We would have expected her to be more withdrawn after the trauma she suffered from the rabbit, but she seemed unaffected other than her physical wounds luckily.

Kim

kim.jpg

Kim is a 2 1/2 year old female guinea pig. She came into care as an unwanted pet. Kim is a happy little girl who is coming on really well in care. We are looking to rehome Kim with a neutered male for companionship.

The single Boys

Otis

otis.jpg

Otis is a 2 year old, male coronet, he is black and white in colour and will be neutured shortly. He came into care as a change in work commitments meant his owners could no longer care for him properly and give the time and love he deserves.

Otis care into care in abit of a mess, his nails were overgrown, his ears were filthy and his fur was very matted, he also had a sore eye. However after a good brushing and a trim he now looks much happier and very handsome. Because of his long coat Otis will need daily grooming. These pictures show how he was on arrival,

Due to a lack of handling Otis is wary of people, and will hide when he sees you, he loves to be outside in the run and like most pigs he loves his food. I'm sure that it won't take Otis long to gain in confidence and learn that people are really friends and not someting to be afraid of. Otis will need to be rehomed with a female or group of female piggies.

Woody

woody4.jpg

Woody is a handsome little male guinea pig, 1 year old. He came into care as an unwanted pet but is proving to be a real little character.

As Woody has such a long coat he would be best living as an indoor piggie. Shavings and hay really get stuck in his hair and long haired piggies can tend to get in a bit of a mess if housed outdoors.

Woody will be neutered soon and once 6 weeks have passed after his neuter he will be looking to be housed with a female guinea pig for companionship

Jasper

jasper.jpg

Jasper is a delightful little 5 month old male guinea pig. He is very sociable with people and when he smells the trail of other guinea pigs he goes off searching for some friends! He is easy to handle and a real likeable little character.

Last edited:
:love::love::love: The piggies are all gorgeous, I love Otis and Woody! Crazy hair do's!

I really hope that they will all find forever homes soon.

How sad :( Poor piggies. Maddie is so lovely :love: When we have Zane on a Wednesday/Sunday, if he goes out to play on the patio, shes there at the front of the hutch :love: She will sit on his lap being fussed for ages aswell :) xXx

all gorgeous but i love maddie!!!! :love: shame my maisie hates other sows though! i think chesney probably loves them though! ;):lol:

Back