• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thoughts on set up and bunnys

deja224

Alpha Buck
:wave: Wonder what you think of our set up at the moment, and there are some pictures of the bunnys :) the floor needs washing but i couldn't find the hose!
puppysandbunnys078.jpg

puppysandbunnys078.jpg

puppysandbunnys057.jpg

puppysandbunnys055.jpg

puppysandbunnys054.jpg

And now the bunnys
dexter being rude!
puppysandbunnys045.jpg

puppysandbunnys047.jpg

Tiny
puppysandbunnys049.jpg

puppysandbunnys051.jpg

Sully rembering her table manners!
puppysandbunnys043.jpg

puppysandbunnys042.jpg

Tofu whats in here then!
puppysandbunnys038.jpg

puppysandbunnys032.jpg

And the new girl :love:
puppysandbunnys063.jpg

puppysandbunnys072.jpg

puppysandbunnys073.jpg

puppysandbunnys071.jpg

Your bunnies are gorgeous!!! :love:

I especially love the photo of the bunny bum sticking out the bucket! :lol:

Such good photos of the bunnies, Mooch won't stay still long enough!!!
and because of how hairy he is, the photos never even look like a rabbit! :oops:

poor magic is not in pictures as she is very poorly :( she loves her picture taken, If she comes home from the vets will get some pictures of her :cry:

Your bunnies are lovely:) Does it get any natural daylight in there? And yep the floor is mucky so are your bunnies feet:lol::lol:

any tips on keeping it clean? i hose it twice a week 5 rabbits live there it a stable and has a window and roof lights.

I think the space is fine but the flooring looks damp to me. Not meaning to sound picky :oops:

Could you put lino on the floor and sweep it rather than hose it down? Do you use littertrays?

the floor was damp because two bunnys had big fight (why magic is ill)and knocked the water over they have a litter tray but hardly use it, floor is thick rubber matting, i have 2 hose it as there is a dove living in the stable i dont them having poo on the floor

the floor was damp because two bunnys had big fight (why magic is ill)and knocked the water over they have a litter tray but hardly use it, floor is thick rubber matting, i have 2 hose it as there is a dove living in the stable i dont them having poo on the floor

Is the rubber matting good? I have a house rabbit who sometimes suffers with sore hocks. I have the foam tiles down for him, but he tends to wee on them and it soaks down between the tiles...so I've been contemplating getting a large pice of rubber matting instead.

BTW your set up is great! :D The only thing I'd add would be a hutch or shelter where the buns can hide or just use to keep warm if they choose

The size is brilliant! I would cover the floor with Lino then you would be able to sweep the floor daily and poo wouldnt get stuck . I would also remove the sinks as I think they look messy (sorry) and serve no purpose. I would also remove the broken trays and replace them and have several filled with hay. The bunnies are gorgeous.:love:

Its a nice size actually!!! :D

I personally don't like the rubber matting, just becuase it looks like its a pain to clean with all the grooves in it :lol: I would replace it with sticky back vinyl tiles (cheap as chips - can pick them up in pound shops) and cover an area with hay. You may find its much easier to hose out too with the vinyl tiles.

gorgeous rabbits though!!

If it dosen't get much light, you could always paint the wooden sides with a glossy white paint. It will look lots brighter, and easier to clean!

I agree with getting shot of the sinks!!:lol: maybe some lino with some hay on:lol: the floor?? I would take the wire top off the base and use the base as a huge litter tray:D

It's a lovely size :) I'd be inclined to put some more cosy hidey-holes in there - maybe a couple of small hutches stuffed with straw/hay (with the mesh part taken off the front), so that they have a couple of decent, dry places to sleep that are away from the draughts on all sides :)

Love the little wheelbarrow! Lots of space for them too :love:

I agree with above comments, i have a big garage by buns live in, they have lots of dog beds, one extra massive one that they can all have room to flop in together, 2x carriers stuffed with hay, baskets and other boxes stuffed with hay and lots of tunnels for them to play in :D

the bunnys hide under the sinks, the rubber matting was very expensive and really good, the bale of straw is there to be put down but i have to clean it first, the boxes were new but the bunnys kill the hell of of them, in this pic u can see they have a indoor cage they use. I cant paint the stable as we are living with my parents at the moment, thanks for comments

Back