• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Lyric

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I think Lyric thinks im a rabbit she follows me eveywhere and grooms me:love: I want to get her a friend but i dont want to break our bond,Also im struggling to find any rabbits that arent too small that she might squish it needs to be a confident rabbit too,And i dont want a lop:?

I was worried about getting a friend for Sorrel in case she stopped wanting to sit with me but it didn't make any difference, except i ended up with two lap bunnies instead of one :D bargains

shame you won't have a lop as poor Sailor is getting so depressed in rescue..he needs more space and a friend:(

Sailor is so beautiful! I support the lop parade! :wave::love:

If it's because of dental problems I have 4 lops, only one has a major dental issue! :)

Sailor is so beautiful! I support the lop parade! :wave::love:

If it's because of dental problems I have 4 lops, only one has a major dental issue! :)

Yes it is im afraid ive only had 2 dwarf lops both had bad dental probs:( both died young one after a dental and one while under GA:( I do have a lion lop Truffle but shes been ok 'touch wood'

Is he too small though? and what about his teeth?

He is a good sized dwarf lop x I think he'd be fine for her
His teeth have been checked twice while with us and have been ok..but like any bunny..up eared or lop..no guarantees for future
He is gettign really frustrated and is digging the side of his hutch constantly when in it
he loves exploring when out and plays hide and seek with curtains..a full of character bun:love:

The only lops ive had dental problems with were the 1st 2 I had & that was because I didn't know enough about diet.They got very little hay & had a museli type food,just topped up.Since I discovered the hay/veggy diet I have never looked back & touch wood my buns have never had a problem since.
As for Lyric not having such a bond with you if has a friend-Well B wasn't that interested in us when Dill 1st came & they both were really naughty & it was a depressing time all round.Then I realised her naughtyness was her trying to get our attention because I pretty much let them get on with it.When I realised what her problem was & started spending more time with them,she went back to her old self.So,though she had a new friend,she still craved our love.:)

aawww poor Sailor, he is so lovely :love: Maybe he could get a headband with ear supports so they stick up? ;) :lol:

My dwarf lop Amber who is at least 5 years old now, hasn't had any dental problems. Don't think it's anything to do with ears.

Please give Sailor a chance, please please please Marie!!!!! :D

aawww poor Sailor, he is so lovely :love: Maybe he could get a headband with ear supports so they stick up? ;) :lol:

My dwarf lop Amber who is at least 5 years old now, hasn't had any dental problems. Don't think it's anything to do with ears.

Please give Sailor a chance, please please please Marie!!!!! :D

Lol thats so funny a headband:lol::lol:
Estelle you have made me feel bad now:(,i dont know why im just more of an uppy eared bun fan:?

I have only had one lop with dental problems, the other dental buns have been lionheads/nethies - and have come to me that way. I do think a mainly hay diet goes a long way towards minimising teeth problems.

I have a big fluffy German Lop (Boots) who we have had for seven years and he has only ever been to the vets for neutering and vaccs.

(Just to put another side across :D)

Lol thats so funny a headband:lol::lol:
Estelle you have made me feel bad now:(,i dont know why im just more of an uppy eared bun fan:?

but you still love Truffle even with floppy ears?! Go on, have him, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Back