• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter?

I thinks there's a few types you can use. I've tried a few but have settled on Carefresh. It's not too dusty, is really absorbent and (pretty much) eliminates smells. I do tend to do his litter tray every day (because he's indoors) and a bag costs about £3.50 which lasts just over a week.

I'll bet there's other people who use different ones which are equally good though. It might be a case of trial and error.

You need to be careful with newspaper so that they don't eat too much of it. I have had a nightmare with mine as she has had the lady snip and can't have straw for a week or so, stopping her eating paper is an absolute mission! :lol:

I have just bought some megazorb though from The Hay Experts, good stuff!

I use newspaper, and loads of different good quality hay on top, change it in the morning and in the evening. Never had a problem with Biscuit eating the newspaper too busy munching on her hay.

Yes, I usually use paper as the bottom layer and my Biscuit is OK when there is straw on top of it, she loves the straw. I swear she is doing it to wind me up at the moment :evil: little imp! Can't wait for the week to be over!

I put a layer of kitchen roll (for easy cleaning) then a layer of carefresh and then lots of hay at one end of the litter tray. They eat while they are in their doing their business and are very tidy not to 'go' on the hay. Bits of hay get pulled about sometimes but mostly they are very organised :)

I used wood pellet litter from Pets at home. I live really near a PAH, so find it easy to get.
£8 for a 30litre bag, lasts me nearly two weeks and i have two buns, so two litter trays to change a day :)

Back