• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why's he being weird?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Charlie has a new love - licking my pillows :shock:
It's actually only 3 of the pillows he bothers with, and he doesn't lick any of the other bedding, and he doesn't licking anything else in my room...
So what the hell's he doing? :lol:

Some rabbits will lick objects around you, rather than your body or the clothes you're wearing. This is used to indicate that they like you very much even though you're a subordinate. It will be performed very clearly in your view and while watching you. They seem particularly to choose objects that have your scent, such as places where you sit or clothing you're removed. I think it's fair to interpret this as giving you the gift of being groomed, though indirectly.

quoted from that site! :wave:

Awwwww, Daisy licks my pillows every morning - I hadn't realised it meant she loves me :love::love::love: Unfortunately it's usualy followed by a 'get out of bed and give me my breakfast' headbutt or nip, but you can't have everything :lol:

Awwww that's quite sweet :love:
It'd be even sweeter if he didn't keep trying it immediatly after munching on his own poo :lol:

i have my covers on the settee and bisc and matt groom them! and my pillow! and the cushion covers where we sit. always give me a nudge and then start grooming! does this mean they love me???!!!!!! :love::love::love:

Back