• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jemimah shall be spayed tomorrow!

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Friday the 13th!

Argh! She had her Pre-op checkup this morning and everything is fine, so I'll be dropping her off at 8.30am tomorrow morning with a tasty packed lunch! I'm so scared it's untrue.

Please could I get some vibes! :(

Thanks guys! :wave: still so nervous :(, Jemimah is alot bigger than Brian now! and is younger so I hope so much everything will go well, got all the treats and fresh new vetbed and snugglesafe all waiting and ready.

Then afterwards roll on the bonding..not straight away of course! :p

They're supposed to ring us! :( If anything would have happened badly they'd have phoned by now right?! :cry:

They tend to tell bad news quicker than good news. It depends when the op was scheduled for but I'm guessing they are waiting until she's fairly alert before they say anything, so they can give you the whole picture. When things are bad they tell you very quickly ... from my own experience.

I hope you hear soon :D

They tend to tell bad news quicker than good news. It depends when the op was scheduled for but I'm guessing they are waiting until she's fairly alert before they say anything, so they can give you the whole picture. When things are bad they tell you very quickly ... from my own experience.

I hope you hear soon :D

ok thankyou, I'm on edge waiting for the phone to ring!

How strange! My Jemima will be spayed NEXT Friday!

How is she? Is she home?

What is this about a pre op checkup? All I have to do is drop her off friday morning and they just do it.

I am worried now!!!

Isnt Jemima(h) a brilliant name? :wave:

Heya, sorry for the delay (my internet was down for a few hours!)

I picked her up at 5.20pm, she'd eaten the lunch I packed for her (consisted of some spring greens, a sugar snap pea and some dill), but now she's home she isn't really eating that much, she's had a little nibble of banana, but isn't interested in all the other lovely things I'm trying to tempt her with. She's drinking alot, I'm glad I stuck with the bowl, as she is opting to use it over the bottle today. She's also done a fair few poos, just waiting for the wee now!:( It looked like she tried to wee earlier, her tail went up but nothing came out :(.

She's been laying on her snugglesafe all the time apart from moving to drink, she was flopped earlier and I could see the wound, it doesn't look overly swollen and looks very good indeed. I think the pain might be setting in abit more now, I have metacam and she has had Rimadyl and Metaclopromide.

She's also been sat washing her ears and face, not skitty as normal, she is still groggy but that's expected. just fingers crossed that food bowl is empty by morning.

Thanks for all the advice!

The Pre-op check up is to check the bunny is ok to go under GA and in general ready for the operation.

And Jemima(h) is a fantastic name!:wave:

Ok, I woke up at 4.10am this morning..thanks to the cats! So I checked on Jemimah. She's urinated so that's more progress, quite a lot actually, had to switch her vetbed and all the newspaper!:lol:, she'd also had alot to drink, so I refreshed her Waterbowl and bottle. The food was untouched though:(, so I made her some warm mushed pellets with a few oats with she had about 2 licks, then didn't seem to care:(, so I just left the bowl in her cage with her. There was also a very small speck of fresh blood on her vetbed, I picked her up very carefully and checked her wound, it was dry and clean and I saw nowhere where the blood had come from.:?

I also rewarmed her snugglesafe, as it was only faintly warm by this point and gave her a small dose 0.3mL of Metacam. Then covered the side of her cage up with a blanket for extra warmth and headed to bed.

I woke up at 7.30am and she still hasn't eaten, I've given her fresh food now and tried her again with the mushy warm pellet/oat combo, she had a few licks but thats it. There are also mountains of poos, but I'm nervous because she pushing so many out and not putting anything in the other side!:cry:

My problem is I only have a car this morning, so even though it hasn't been 24hours should I go to the vet now and ask for more pain-relief? do I need recovery food? Or should I wait until the ful 24hours are up and then walk up with her in her carrier with a blanket, a snugglesafe and a towel wrapped around the carrier, with a few air holes of course?

I'm also keeping all bunnies out of the room she's in as I don't want to agitate her, is this the right thing to do?
Should I be worrying yet?

Thanks for any advice!

Good luck with her!! It's completely normal for a little blood!....Rose looked like she had been buntacked! Just imagine the trauma that's gone on inside her. If she's not eating much then I'd be tempted to get more pain relief, but if she's eating and looks comfortable then I wouldn't bother. try dandelions, grass. Even grapes. Ted loves his grapes and would do anything for them, they could perk her up enough to have a go at her pellets. Is she eating her hay?

Get well little Mimah!

Heya, She isn't eating Hay no, she ate the packed lunch I packed at the vets as soon as she came around from the GA, but since coming home she's only had a nibble of banana and a few licks of the mush I made :(. I'll try the grapes and I'll go look for some dandelions. Thanks!:wave:

Parsley is good for buns who wont eat as it smells quite strong and tastes nice.

Do you have any recovery feed? Mine will eat that out of a bowl so it might be worth a try.

Parsley is good for buns who wont eat as it smells quite strong and tastes nice.

Do you have any recovery feed? Mine will eat that out of a bowl so it might be worth a try.

I don't have recpvery food no :(, should I be able to get this from the vets? or is it only available from online? I'll try the Parsley too thanks, would you believe I've tried Mint, Dill, Coriander and Basil but not Parsley!:oops:

Back