• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heart bunnies.

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
those of you who have had a heart bunny, i know its a horrible question but how did they go? i mean was they PTS or did they go to sleep one day.

how long after diagnosis did you lose them?

i think Pearl is having an UP day today and i cant imagine her leaving any time soon, a total different rabbit to who the vet saw the other day. im hoping tomorrow ill have a good update for the vet :D

I bet its the diuretics. ALL my heart Buns did a million times better once on them (along with other meds).

All my heart Buns were eventually PTS as the combination of meds was unable to keep up with the deteriorating heart condition :cry:
After diagnosis they went on for up to a year before 'the decision' had to be made. But every case will be unique and so its not really possible to give you definate timescales etc.

I bet its the diuretics. ALL my heart Buns did a million times better once on them (along with other meds).

All my heart Buns were eventually PTS as the combination of meds was unable to keep up with the deteriorating heart condition :cry:
After diagnosis they went on for up to a year before 'the decision' had to be made. But every case will be unique and so its not really possible to give you definate timescales etc.

see thats what im scared of... THE DECISION i was hoping the bunnies made thier own choice and popped off to eternal sleep :cry: i dont think im strong enough to do the selfless thing for pearl when i need to :cry::cry:

see thats what im scared of... THE DECISION i was hoping the bunnies made thier own choice and popped off to eternal sleep :cry: i dont think im strong enough to do the selfless thing for pearl when i need to :cry::cry:

I'm sure you will be. Glad that she seems to be on the up though....Hope she continues to go from strength to strength.

You will be hun, if you know she's suffering there's no way you'd keep her alive for your own sake.

Admittedly it is hard to know when the bun is ready, but that's something we can only accept and hope we get right...you will find the strength from somewhere because you love her so.

mowgli :love::cry: developed cateracts over year half ago, developed kidney failure january, and as many know pts last week :cry: but it was soo peaceful for him

i stayed strong for mowgli, he was my life and i loved him too much, i wanted the best thing for him in the end, even if it meant saying goodbye :cry:

Oh, I have been following your thread, I really feel for you and Pearl. From everything I have read its very clear that you really love her, its that love that will help you make the right choice at the right time. I am glad that she is having some good days, I hope she has many more to come. :love:

Back