• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tunnels

willowholly

Mama Doe
My 2 love their tunnel & all our bunnies have always had 1 with no problems until we got the goat,Dill!:lol:He's chewed the ribbons off & the velcro so it doesn't fix together very well & hes chewed the fabric so much that the bare wire is on show.Soon it will be too dangerous to use.Was going to buy them a new one from the RWA shop for xmas but Dill will only destroy it again so was thinking of something from a plumbers merchant/DIY shop.It will have to be huge so B doesn't get stuck-any suggestions please?:)

How about a piece of drainage pipe? Not sure how big they are but the ones they use under roads might work? Just need to spot out for some roadworks and ask for a short piece.;)

All the tunnels I've used get eaten, the fabric wire ones and the green plastic ones. They now only have the short "chube"s in their runs and a fabric one outside of the run when they are supervised.

You could get someone to make you one which is literally 4 wooden planks nailed (or attached some way anyway!) together, to make a tunnel. As it will have a flat roof they will be able to sit on top of it too. I really want my brother to make one for the buns but I bet he won't.

My two have just managed to destroy their tunnel too :roll: I need something sturdy they couldn't damage and big enough for a conti bum to fit through :lol:

My two have just managed to destroy their tunnel too :roll: I need something sturdy they couldn't damage and big enough for a conti bum to fit through :lol:

I use a cat tunnle for Bea....but she seems to have eaten most of it :roll:
I put it on top of the crate while I was sweeping her out the other day....went over to the other side of the room to tip the dustpan in the bin and there was this massive thud......the stupid thing had got up on the crate, into the tunnel then rolled off the top. Checked her over and she was fine......and I know I shouldn't have laughed but I really couldn't help it. :oops:

A bucket with the end cut off, beer ones are about 2' long and £10. You can make tunnels pretty easily out of wood - think square instead of round :)

I use a cat tunnle for Bea....but she seems to have eaten most of it :roll:
I put it on top of the crate while I was sweeping her out the other day....went over to the other side of the room to tip the dustpan in the bin and there was this massive thud......the stupid thing had got up on the crate, into the tunnel then rolled off the top. Checked her over and she was fine......and I know I shouldn't have laughed but I really couldn't help it. :oops:

Naughty Bea :lol: Glad she was ok though afterwards!

Naughty Bea :lol: Glad she was ok though afterwards!

Me too....could have been horrific :shock: She was so unimpressed though :lol:
she has a sofa biscuit on top of the crate as she decided it was where she wanted to sit and I didnt want her getting her feeties stuck. she sits up there all the time :love:

I've got a huge offcut of plastic pipe that dh acquired from a builder friend. You can see it in this pic - it'd be big enough for mahoosive bunnies and very strong. Just start stalking building sites. :lol::lol:

DSCF8317700x525.jpg

I've got a huge offcut of plastic pipe that dh acquired from a builder friend. You can see it in this pic - it'd be big enough for mahoosive bunnies and very strong. Just start stalking building sites. :lol::lol:

DSCF8317700x525.jpg

That looks just perfect.Off to find a hunky builder now!;)

I got PA a small fabric tunnel from the 99p shop - she loves it! It might be a cheaper option to the fabric tunnels in the pet shops - you could fix a couple together to make it longer...failing that, you could ask a builder very nicely for a piece of his biggest pipe :shock:

:lol:

Back