• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have outfits that scare your rabbits?

sidereus7

Mama Doe
As the title says, Milo is terrified of me when I wear my red robe! :shock:

I've handfed him in the robe, approached him slowly, spoken softly while petting him in it, but he still doesn't trust it! He eats cautiously from my hand, keeping an eye on me at all times, and won't come when he's called if I have it on. :lol:

Does anyone else's buns get weird over any particular outfits?

Nope, i could be wearing a gorilla suit and all the bunnies would think about when I walked in the shed is 'foood, foooooood, i want food, give me food where is my food?'

Yes, when I change my coat they are always a bit more spooked.

I read somewhere that their sight is based on shapes and that is why it can freak them out.

I pretty much live in jeans - which all my bunnies seem to love! :lol: They like to lick and nuzzle the denim. But on Halloween, I dressed all witch-like for the entire day and had a deep red, velvety floor-length skirt on... And although it didn't scare them, they weren't impressed AT ALL. They'd sniff it and then skip off flicking their feet back at me and glaring accusingly.

Mine don't seem to care what I wear! Splodge loves my dressing gown though, she comes & licks it! Aww :love:

Pipkin always seems a bit nervous when I wear my big big fluffy parka, but Ruby never seems to care... I don't think she would care who it was in the big fluffy parka she would just want food...

I don't have any particular clothes that scare the rabbits but I do have one skirt that confuses the hell out of them.

It is a mixture of browns/beige colours and must look like leaves and twigs to them becuase when I go in there clearing out I usually find at least one of them nibbling on the hem of my skirt and when I stand up they hold on tight and won't let go - just hanging from the bottom of my skirt! :shock:

They dont seem to notice the difference but Leo took a dislike to my work fleece last week. I picked him up for a cuddle and he looked at the zip, looked at me and then promptly bit 2 of the teeth off the zip!:shock: It was a plastic zip rather than a metal one but it just goes to show how sharp little bunnies teeth are.

:wave: Sooty hates my pink pjs!! they are bright pink (maybe they hurt her eyes :lol:) but everytime i wear them she nips my ankles and tries to pull on them :shock: and she attacks my pink pig slippers which OH was wearing once (dont ask :roll:) and she bit him- she HATES pink sob sob - AND shes a girl :(:(:( any other colour shes fine with:roll:

Oreo doesn't care!!

Back