• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dear God-Scientific Research- *VERY VERY DISTRESSING*

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Copied from a site relating to The University of Iowa :

Physical Methods of Euthanasia

Cervical dislocation
, dislocation of the neck, is a simple and humane method of killing mice and small rats (<125 gms). Although not required, the use of sedation or anesthesia prior to euthanasia is encouraged. If sedation or anesthesia prior to cervical dislocation is not used the investigator must provide scientific justification for its exclusion. In the case of mice and small rats, the animal is held by its tail and placed on a surface that it can grip, then it will stretch itself out so that a pencil or similar object can be placed firmly across the back of the neck. A sharp pull on the base of the tail will then dislocate the neck.

Decapitation
is acceptable for rodents, rabbits and birds, and other animals of similar size. This requires special equipment and is aesthetically unacceptable to many. Although not required, the use of sedation or anesthesia prior to euthanasia is encouraged. If sedation or anesthesia prior to decapitation is not used the investigator must provide scientific justification for its exclusion. In lieu of the use of anesthetics, prior recommendations have required the immediate placement of the decapitated head into liquid nitrogen. This is still an acceptable alternative however it is not required in part because of the human safety risk and is not recommended by the IACUC committee.

What gives :censored: humans the right ?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Because sadly, some humans think they're 'far more important' than any other living creature on the planet. Give me animals any day - I'm ashamed to be part of the human race.

Thats shocking!

I think some of these methods would be good to use on some sick people out there right enough!!!!!!

The sad thing is that most experiments carried out on animals are not for any justifiable reason...i.e. to advance medicine.

As part of my work atm I have to go through papers relating to animal experimentation dating from the 1960s to the 1990s...and time and time again the more humane scientists complain about the unnecessary cruelty and use of animals in pointless experiments :cry:

I think that despite being made capable of empathy with other creatures, the vast majority of the human race choose not to make use of this in any way. So they don't put themself in the animal's position and realise that, for the sake of a little time and cost, they could make that animal's passing much less stressful/fearful. I remember doing a debate in a Psychology class where we had to hold a mock sort of debate over animal testing... and most the class kept saying 'they're just animals, we're human so we're better and more important than them' and it just took my breath away and made me want to cry.

although distressing and animal testing wrong, there are worse ways of doing this, the neck has to be done correctly, what worries me as they say the animal is dead if its still twitching i belive it is not i dont give a monekys what people say about nerves etc,

that kill it cook it eat it programme i watched 2 rabbits killed in this method one was instant no twitching nothing the other was twitching for 5 mins,

thing is though untill laws are changed and we can say test on lifers in prison, there will always be animal testing especially for medicines :(

i found out my OH worked in a beagle farm when he was young, he said it was hard the animals know no differant and you are not aloud to even fuss or play with them, just feed clean thats it, his uncle is currently is serving life without perole for blowing up a chemical factory that tested on animals back in the 80's though, no one was killed was years ago when life ment life under the terrorism act, i like his uncle :D:lol:

Last edited:
Back