• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is this rabbits breed

-libby-

New Kit
a friend would like to know the breed of this rabbit.

user25374_pic52_1255705534.jpg

user25374_pic55_1255705864.jpg

ooooh them ears :love::love::love::love::love::love:

looks like a giant of some sort to me.. i think its continental giants that have them huge ears.. but dont quote me im not good a breeds :oops::oops:

Is he hers? He certainly looks like a giant, and looks to me too young to have been seperated from mum and his brothers and sisters too.

its a female and it is not big enough to be a giant. it is over a year old, well she has had it a year old and just had an unexpected litter of babies with a florida white rabbit and would like to know the breed of this one. there are 4 babies coming up to 2 weeks old.

its a female and it is not big enough to be a giant. it is over a year old, well she has had it a year old and just had an unexpected litter of babies with a florida white rabbit and would like to know the breed of this one. there are 4 babies coming up to 2 weeks old.

That bun is really that old :shock: wow I thought it was only a baby, sorry not really good with breeds but I have to agree with the others it does look like a baby giant :shock: but ofc it can't be if it is that age.

I'm 99% sure that's a baby rabbit. Either that or it's got some health/genetic issues. Is that a photo from when she got it as a baby?

Unless it was from a breeder it's probably a cross.

I'm 99% sure that's a baby rabbit. Either that or it's got some health/genetic issues.

That's what I was thinking - look at the ears and feet in proportion to the body. It's worrying that she's had babies if that is a recent picture.

this photo was taken about 6-8 months ago, im trying to get her to give me a pic of it now......has no-one have any idea? it is about the size of a english lop

Every one else has to know more about domestic breeds than I do.

The only smaller bun I know with ears like that & also pale colouring is the USA wild "Jack Rabbit" which lives in semi arid conditions, but it would have to be a cross with a domestic breed.

Back