• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny noises when putting food in his bowl

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Do any of your rabbits start making little whiny noises when you're putting food in their bowls? Ralph suddenly started doing it after his neuter and his ears go back and he makes a noise like a whine crossed with a grunt (a bit like the style in which a guinea pig makes a noise (increasing in intensity the longer your hand stays there), but it's not a squeak or a squeal.) It's disapproval but not pain or fear - a bit territorial. He stops if I put my hand on his head and stroke him, and when I take my hand away from his food bowl.

Do your bunnies do this? And if so, why?

Max grunts and digs the food bowl in excitement! Normally knocking the bowl out of my hand and it's scattered across the floor, but hey! More work for him! :lol:

no noises apart from alvins buzzing but im not brave enough to attempt to stroke either of them, id lose a hand i reakon :shock:

Back