• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little dumped layby rabbit update. Pics!

fiona3

Warren Scout
I posted a thread here last week about a wee rabbit i found in a layby.I called her Denovan after the road i found her in. That has been shortened to Denny! Just wanted to let you all know she is doing really well now. She is eating hay and has found her dish with food! She has poor eyesight and hearing. 1st week she just cowered in a corner and was very scared. She is coming round slowly and loves greens! Her mites have gone as far as i can see although she will get a 2nd course just to catch the eggs. She was even waiting for her food this morning with her paws on her dish. She is getting into our routine! Getting used to the cats as well! Here are some pics! 1st one is the 1st week i found her. She is scared as im sure you can tell by her eyes! I took the rest of the pics last night. Im trying to coax her out of her little cage -she wants to and is really interested but need a few more nights coaxing! She is lovely but i cant keep her and will be looking for a home for her once she is vaccinated and much more sure of herself. She is just lovely and has the softest coat i have ever felt.:love: What a week of love can do!:)
1st week.
dennyweek11.jpg

2nd week!
dennyweek22.jpg

dennyweek23.jpg

dennyweek21.jpg

Gorgeous little darling! Oh my God, she is LOVELY. Just beautiful. I didn't see her duelap before but now I do and it's so cute :love::love::love::love:

What's going to be happening to her? Are you keeping her?

Very cute :love:

Has she tried to nibble your carpets yet? It looks an awful lot like delicious lush green grass :love::lol:

Gorgeous little darling! Oh my God, she is LOVELY. Just beautiful. I didn't see her duelap before but now I do and it's so cute :love::love::love::love:

What's going to be happening to her? Are you keeping her?

I have two other rabbits and one has a dental every 5 weeks. He is having his dental next week and will have to come inside for the night afterwards. Dont know where im going to put him, as Denny is still in quarantine. I cant really keep her sadly.:( I dont want her to go to SSPCA and declined when they offered to pick her up. I called them in case someone had lost her. Not likely!!!!!! They do a great job, but i want her to go to a home that someone on this forum can offer. I couldnt stand to think she went back in a wee hutch in someones garden again after all shes been through. I want to calm her and get her used to people and she is doing brilliantly so far! Little sweetie! Everyone at work asks for her! Someone loved her once just not recently. :She is so beautiful and learning very quickly! She loves cheek rubs and practically falls asleep when i stoke her. I think she would love a pal and an owner who was aware of her past and would treat her properly. Once she is vaccinated i will be trying to rehome her on this forum. I think she would make a great house bunny but whatever her future life holds i will make sure its 100% better than the numpty that dumped her gave her.

Very cute :love:

Has she tried to nibble your carpets yet? It looks an awful lot like delicious lush green grass :love::lol:

yeh.:lol: I like bold colours! Guess green not eveyones taste! :lol:No nibbling yet! Maybe when she plucks the courage to come out on to the carpet she will as long as its not the wallpaper!

She is beautiful :love: and I am so pleased she is coming out of herself. She was so lucky that she was found by you and it sounds like you are giving her so much TLC. What a lucky bunny.

I hope you can find her a loving forever home soon.

I remember the first thread about her. She's sooo gorgeous and was so lucky to be picked up by you.

I hope Denny finds a forever home very soon. :)

Oh she is beautiful I wished I lived nearer. I do hope she finds a loving forever home soon, saddens me to think people dump these beautiful and wonderful creatures thinking that they can survive. Thank God you drove down that road.

Back