• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

drake and josh - update.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
can anyone help or give me some advice?

drake keeps nipping josh on the nose, and they they start having a fight. it is like drake is tormenting josh, and keeps tormenting him until he gets a reaction.
:?

Last edited:
awww :cry::cry::cry: maybe if you tried the car and carrier trick they might remeber they love each other. bloody bunnies why cant they be easier :evil:

i might ask to try that.
it's upsetting me so much. i cant imagine having to split them up. i don't know how we would work it out.

i know the thought of Alvin and pearl falling out a really scary thought.

hope you manage to get them back on track, they make a lovely duo :love:

I think I would try as if it were a new bond, so neutral area, small space (dog crate sized or a bit bigger) then if all ok leave them there for at least two weeks, gradually giving them more space. If they start fighting when you give them more space go back a step and wait a little longer...as they have been together so long I'm sure they'll be ok.

Have they been checked by a vet to make sure there is nothing else going on?

I think I would try as if it were a new bond, so neutral area, small space (dog crate sized or a bit bigger) then if all ok leave them there for at least two weeks, gradually giving them more space. If they start fighting when you give them more space go back a step and wait a little longer...as they have been together so long I'm sure they'll be ok.

Have they been checked by a vet to make sure there is nothing else going on?

Yes, I am going to try this.
When you say dog crate, are you referring to all the time, or just run time?

tomorrow i am going to put them in their carrier and then drive around for a while.

then if they are ok, i am going to confine them to their kennel with NO run, as they don't seem to fight in their.

If this carries on i am going to put them in the crate.

i am also phoning the vets on monday for a check over on them both :) x

Jack how long have they been doing this for and does it seem to be at a particular time?

The only time we have seen this when they have been here is at dinner time, as Drake was quite territorial over their food bowl, so we simply gave them one each to avoid any spats and they were fine.

Jack how long have they been doing this for and does it seem to be at a particular time?

The only time we have seen this when they have been here is at dinner time, as Drake was quite territorial over their food bowl, so we simply gave them one each to avoid any spats and they were fine.

It is around dinner time. and Run Time.

They have got a bowl each for pellets, and they share a bowl for Veg, but they get their veg later on, and they don't seem to fight at veg time.

Its when they are on the garden etc.. Drake will nip josh's nose, and then they start running after each other.:?

I'm guessing there are no other bunnies about esp any females? My two bonded boys started fighting after catching a whiff of some females (they were in their old living quaters)

If its at food time, what about scattering the food everywhere?
I have to do this with my two, as they get so excited and clamber all over each other..:roll:

I think confining them to a smaller area is definately your best bet, then just increase slowly and if they start being naughty... back to small size - they will get the message. Also vet check a must - some bunnies start to attack their partner if they are sick. Best of luck and hope it is just naughty bunny syndrome x

it is more when they are on the garden, or running around on the patio, but if they start to fight when there is food around, i will try scattering food around :)

I think confining them to a smaller area is definately your best bet, then just increase slowly and if they start being naughty... back to small size - they will get the message. Also vet check a must - some bunnies start to attack their partner if they are sick. Best of luck and hope it is just naughty bunny syndrome x

Yeah, I am going to get them checked and them confine them to a small space :)

Thank you everyone x

Back