• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another boy????? HELP

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
I've fallen in love with a little bue eyed white lop for adoption. He is only 14 months old vaccinated but not neutured - he was used for breeding and now not wanted....
He would be my little house bunny....but oh how I wish he was a girl.

Eventually I'd like my two boys to have a huge shed - kennel set up - what are the chances of bonding 3 boys and then would i have to get a nother boy or a girl.

id love at least 1 girl....

dont know what to do - hes lovely

he would be an indoor bunny now - but eventually when the other two get their huuuuge set up - he too would go out doors - worried about bonding 3 boys and a girl....

The more individual boys the more chance of a fight. If your current two boys are single the most logical thing would be to get two girls. If they will all live as a group that's great, if not you have two pairs. Get another boy and you could end up with three singles that won't bond with each other.

it does also depend on the individuals... I've had 3 boys + 1 girl twice now and never had any problems, but the boys have always been very laid back :)

I don't think sex matters, its all about personality.

I have had a trio of unrelted boys bonded, a pair of unrelated boys and several boy heavy trios.

Whatever sex bun you add to your family you have to be prepared for the possibilty you may never bond them all together.

worried about bonding 3 boys and a girl....

I'm in the same situation!!! I've got a bonded pair-Daisy and Loppy was given Ozzie as his owner was moving and wasnt allowed animals,then to cap it all my daughter "found" a little stray [virtually on my doorstep] who has been unclaimed and stupidly I named him [Ollie] so now he's here to stay as well :( I'd love to bond a 4 ,obviously it has to wait until Ollie is neutered,but I'm just SO scared about upsetting all the buns and having 4 singles,I have bonded 2's before but the thought of bonding 4 and maybe being overwhelmed by 4 fighting buns freaks me out!!!:(

FYI
I can afford any animal I choose to have
but I cannot justify spending £600 on a phone.....(as im often told) hence why I get irate when people who sponge for a living get what they want without working for it!
does that clarify?

Last edited:
I have to agree with Kris, you are always saying how broke you are, and that you are at risk of having the house sold. Really doesn't sound a good time to get another pets, I'm not trying to be harsh, just realistic

im broke from the point of view that I cant afford luxuries - like all thye mod cons, i dont buy new clothes very often prob a new pair of jeans every 6 months, I never ever go out, instead I work, I study and I save. I put the money to one side for my animals - the only things I have. If the house is sold - once its put on the market - I still have to find somewhere to live - but surely 1 animal wont make any difference to a boisterous collie, (who is spoilt rotten) 2 buns and 5 hamsters who are also spoilt rotten!
In whatever time I have left over I sell what I can that I dont use on ebay - as extra for the animals - the rest I donate to various rescues on here in various ways!
I hate feeling like I have to justify myself because I feel down on a particular day and want a rant. clearly I have learnt my lesson and from now on will only say how good things are and if theyre not then I wont bother.

Im sure that if all the rescues on here were so financially secure then there wouldnt be fundraisers for vets bills - im sure that before they take an animal in they get grief because the rescuers (who i admire very much) choose to take an animal in give it a home rather than see it let go!

Im sure that if all the rescues on here were so financially secure then there wouldnt be fundraisers for vets bills - im sure that before they take an animal in they get grief because the rescuers (who i admire very much) choose to take an animal in give it a home rather than see it let go!

I don't see how this is relevant :?

Can you explain :)

Ok I apologise, it is just from your numerous posts about how bad your finacial situation was I assumed you couldn't may have difficulty affording more pets.

If you can happily afford another and have a secure home why not....

I wnat to rescue and animal who I can afford to give it a better life from the 2ft hutch and being bred from continuously - what has stopped me jumping the gun is because I am considering what is best for Whiskey and boo first - I wondered whether a 4some or 2 couples would be better! Yet because I am having a day - and wanted to rant about it - that and pmt - everything - all that gets thrown at me.

As for this house being sold (not that that has anything to do with getting another bun or not)- its not going to happen tomorrow - and one way or another either by settling for a smaller house or moving to the mini mansionette theyre planning on building there (where they have bribed me with having a 10ft x 6ft ebnclosure for my buns) there will be somehwre to live - but this is my home. I grew up in this house, I have 3 bedrooms to choose from yet I still choose to stay in my small box room I essentially grew up in - where I experienced my highes and lows. That is essentailly why I dont want to move. I dont like change.

And having all my low points when I rant thrown back at me when all I wnat to do is what i thought may have been a better life for bun doesnt help!

I am not poor. I work hard - earn a decent wage. I pay all my bills - and provide thoroughly for all my animals. I manage my money more now than I have ever done and can account for every penny. I dont fritter money away. I could if I wanted blow £600 on a phone but I cant because my consceience wont let me. because that £600 in the bank in my savings account that I build up every month makes me feel secure. I dont splurge money. I cant - I dont have any to splurge. I dont know when ill next need time off work for a hospital visit so need money for those days. But throwing all that at me because I want to adopt an animal is to me the same as telling a rescue to clos eits doors because its struggling to pay for the vets bills they have for the animals they currently have!

I really have thought about another bun but also dont buy luxuries all my money goes (willingly) on my animals, my buns are spoilt and that gives me alot of pleasure, one more bun does make alot of difference and you want to ask yourslef the question as to how it will effect your current buns. Another buck is very risky and is it worth it? You'll have to neuter him and let his hormones settle, plus extra food and bedding, vaccinations it all starts adding up and could be money put towards making sure you dont got so stressed about money and end up worrying all the time.

Just think really hard about why you want this bun thats all x

i wnat nother bun because id like to have an indoor bun
eventually id like to have 4
i initially wanted a girl but found this bun in need
i want to give a bun who is not in good circumstances a good life

why is that soo bad

No one at any point in this thread said it's a bad thing to want to rescue a rabbit.

They just pointed out that as you constantly complain about not having enough time and money, another rabbit might not help your situation.

If you ask for advice on a forum, people are bound to base that advice on what else they know of you through the forum. Ultimately only you know if you have the time and money to take this bun on, so only you can decide.

Back