• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cruelty Free Products - Rabbit Food

SuzieBlue

Young Bun
After some recent pics on this website and on some other news sites of bunnies being put in stocks to be tested on, I've decided to be much, much more careful about what products I use every day. I've been doing a bit of research about "good" companies and "bad" ones, and have realised just how difficult it is, as a particular company may not test their own products/ingredients, but their parent company might.

The ramifications are far-reaching, as these parent companies own everything from make-up to pet food. So my question is this - does anyone know if any of the major rabbit food manufacturers are owned by a company that tests on animals? I'm trying to find any info I can from t'internet, but if anyone has any more advice it'd be much appreciated. If the brand I use is in any way affiliated with a company that tests on animals, I'll swap immediately (don't worry, no bunny will be switched from one food to another with no adjustment period, I have plenty of food to see me through a change if it's needed!!!!)

I was so sickened by the stories/pics i've seen recently - not least because I have a REW bunny, and seeing pics of other albino bunnies in severe pain made me think of him... None of the tests carried out on animals are essential in any way, and it pains me to think that any human could knowingly hurt and even kill an animal for the sake of make-up or perfume.

Rant over....:oops:

I believe something like this came up a while ago - my memory isn't that good but I use SS and believe that was an OK one but there were questions raised about Wagg.

Well I don't know about testing but Wagg do produce dog foods which obviously contain meat, although I haven't see any that contain rabbit meat.

SS is made by Supreme Pet Foods who only make foods for small animals and I don't think they are owned by anyone else, so they should be safe.

Back