• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stolen

shelley1977

Warren Scout
Our rabbit Silver was stolen on Saturday night :cry:,i am so stressed about it especially as it looked like a second attempt was made on one of my other outdoor buns the next night.The police told me 5 other rabbits have been stolen in the area but there is not alot the can do.
I keep worrying incase they are doing or have done something horrible to him,i dont know if he is alive or not and i think thats the hardest thing.
I have friends keeping a look out incase they just let him go and i am getting new bolts and padlocks for the hutches to protect my other buns.
How do you come to terms with a lost bun when you dont know what has happened

Shelley

I'm really sorry. That must be so awful. If it's happening a lot in your neighbourhood, perhaps ring your local newspaper and get them to print a report. That way everyone will be more aware and can secure their hutches safely.
You could also put up posters with a big STOLEN sign around the area. You never know, the culprits might find a conscience and bring him back.

Also get in touch with the vets in the area in case anyone finds him.

The 'not knowing' is the hard part but try and think positively - you'll feel better if you feel like you're doing something to find him.

Good luck. x

Can the police put you in touch with the others that have had a bun stolen? Then I think you'd have more weight for going to the press and local radio stations.

I certainly agree with getting posters out there with the words STOLEN on, a description of your bun on, contact vets and local rescues, make sure you point out any distinguishing feature your bun may have (Particular shaped colour marks, little nicks in his/her ears things like that)

Good luck with finding your bun :)

I am going to make posters this afternoon,i didnt think about going to the local papers.What a great idea,we have 2 that cover my area.I will check the vets later too just incase.

Shelley

Shelly, i read this on FRR, i cant think of anything more worrying :( i really feel for you, what an awful thing to happen. I really hope you get some answers soon and i pray for his safe return.

So sorry this has happened :(
If you make posters, put REWARD in big letters instead of stolen/missing etc. - I read somewhere that reward posters get more peoples attention :roll: The reward doesn't have to be big, I'd just say 'reward for safe return' The 'people/person' who did this may be holding out for a quick buck, so it might be worth a try...:(

*Fingers and paws crossed for Silver's safe return*

I'm so sorry :( losing a bunny is awful no matter how it's done!! I really hope you get him back!!!

That is terrible- what a nightmare.

Would it be possible to bring your remaining rabbits inside or at least into a sturdy locked shed for a while?
It would be worth considering getting the rest of your rabbits microchipped, so that if they are stolen in the future and recovered they can be identified as yours.

I would also distribute a photo of your rabbit to all the local vets and rescue centres incase the new owner tires of him and passes him on, or takes him to the vets for any reason

I hope you get your bunny back xx

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. How awful. :(

Losing a bun under any circumstance is terrible but to be stolen... I am lost for words how anyone could be so cruel and heartless.

I hope with all my heart that you get him back soon.

Lilbun i did think about bringing them inside but there is just no space especially with having 2 housebuns roaming the downstairs.It's the not knowing what has happened to him that is getting to me the most.

Shelley

No news at all :( Its so cold i just hope he is ok and somewhere warm.I find it hard going out to see to the other rabbits knowing he isn't there.Its the not knowing thats the hardest.

Shelley

Back