• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello xx

Hi there
im new to your forum i got 2 6 week old rabbits 2 weeks ago tomox, and i already love them to bits!!!! Mine is called Jackman(after the hunky hugh) and my daughters who's is a boy like mine is called barbie!!! Dont ask lol.
Just wanted to say hi really.

One thing i have noticed, they are in the house in a cage far too big for my livingroom but i dont care lol, is that they lol about alot is this normal? I let run about in a secure area everyday so they cant get to wires etc.
xxxx
:wave:

Welcome to RU:wave:

By 'Lol' about do you mean laze about? If so usually rabbits are most active on mornings and evenings. Throughout the day, they do just lay about doing nothing. That's the case with my five anyway! :wave:

Hi welcome to the forum.
i'm really not sure if you know this or not, but your babies are very young and shouldn't have been removed from their mother till they where at least 9 weeks old, it's just that their not getting the probiotic from their mothers milk to help their tummies and growth. i would start putting some probiotic in the water. i currently fostering babies that are now 4 weeks old and theres no way they can completely defend on their own. hope this doesn't sound blunt or anything but just want to help you give your buns the best chance in life :)

I wouldn't worry about them unless they lose their appetite (v. serious in buns) or seem otherwise unwell. Do they have an area outdoors where they can play at all?

Welcome to the site by the way! :wave:

Woah, they were very young to leave mum.. have you taken them to the vet yet? I think I would just to make sure they are both ok.
They will also need neutured once old enough ( I completely forgot you put barbie is also a male :oops: :lol:) but I would still get them done as otherwise the two boys may fight and it alos can sort out behaviour problems :D

Forgot to add - welcome to the forum!! :wave:

Last edited:
Back