• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have Rimmi blood on me :(

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Rimmi took a running jump to get onto my OH and managed to crash into the laptop, ripping his entire toe-nail off!! (it got stuck in a USB... sersously... how did he do that??)

I quickly caught him and held some tissue till it stopped bleeding but he is holding it up, hes walking on it but whenever he is still he holds it up...

What do I do? I am so upset... I have Rimmi blood on me!!

Oh no :cry:, do you have any cornflour? that's good to stop any bleeding or cold water too. I don't know what else to suggest. Hope someone more knowledgable comes to the rescue shortly! :cry:

Hope he's ok! and you!

I hope Rimmi is okay. Mallow ripped a nail off at the vets once. He gets very stressed and puts up one hell of a fight. When he was back in the carrier we noticed his nail on the vet's table. Mallow was fine and the nail grew back with no problems.

Might be worth a trip to the vet to get it checked & maybe Rimmi needs a painkiller if it's sore.

Oh no, poor Rimmi. How unlucky was that?!

It does happen and I'm sure it feels sore now but they do grow back. Best to keep an eye on it but I'm sure he'll be ok.

My finger would be sore if I'd just ripped my finger nail out. Ouchy!

I know, poor baby.... he was really shocked and I was really scared because at one point he went all weak... I thought the shock was going to .... you know.... make him sleep :(

I sat up with him for ages, he using it but its obv still a bit sore so I am leaving him in his bedroom today so he cant run around and do too much jumping etc... :( Poor boy.

Thank you for all your thoughts everyone.

Just generally clean the wound area and make sure he keeps it clean. Cornflour is good to stop the bleeding.

Ouch, makes me cringe :shock:

Flash once ripped his toenail off, he tried jumping out of my arms and got it caught in my coat zip

How is Rimmi's little paw now?

Hope it's not too sore - it's awful when this happens.

I love :love: Rimmi to bits - he's my favourite bunny on RU!

Strawberry ripped a nail off over the summer and there was blood everywhere! He was fine on it though and it has almost grown back now.

Rimmi seems much better this evening, thank goodness... I was very close to taking him to the vet (I had rang and spoke to my vet who said there was no need to take him in unless it started bleeding again or he couldnt put any weight on it... which he is) He still holds his paw up a bit but he did just dig me with it so it cant be that bad, bless him. Ive checked it, its nice and clean and our house has wooden laminate flooring so its not getting irritated by carpet.

Heres a pic to all you that commented so kindly on the thread (or the other one I had in health)

100_1187.jpg

Back