• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oh my gosh!! My poor baby Rimmi!! *thoughts Please!*

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Rimmi took a running jump to get onto my OH and managed to crash into the laptop, ripping his entire toe-nail off!! (it got stuck in a USB... sersously... how did he do that??)

I quickly caught him and held some tissue till it stopped bleeding but he is holding it up, hes walking on it but whenever he is still he holds it up...

What do I do? I am so upset... I have Rimmi blood on me!! :cry::cry:

:cry: poor Rimmi and his foot - Im no expert but i thin if its stopped bleeding it should be ok but if he is still holding it up tomorrow maybe pop him to the vets..

Our buns seem to be the same wavelength :roll: - Oreo did exactly the same thing yesterday, i dont now why or how but he leapt about 2 foot in the air into his NIC cubes and tried to grab on - tearing his both back claws in the mean time :cry:

Im not sure if he did a mega binky or was trying to jump the cubes :shock: but it was horrible, it bled for ages and I also was covered in blood - plus i was late for work anyway so had to leave my OH with a blood splattered bun (who then proceeded to wipe it all over his face and body while trying to lick his foot).

He had an appoinment at vet today anyway so she had a look and said it would be ok and should heal up on its own..

Hope Rimmi is ok :love: - must be painful though if you imagine us ripping a nail off :cry::?

:shock: Awww poor Rimmi, I would say if it's clean off and stopped bleeding and he is normal in terms of other behaviour ie, eating etc he will heal it - it will be sore for a while as it would if you'd pulled a toe nail out - but, as long as everything else is normal no need to worry too much he will clean it. Just keep an eye for infection ♥

Aww little Rimmi!! Poor love.
Try not to worry too much, as long as it has stopped bleading, see how he is in the morning and then if he is still holding it up I would take him to have a check.
Just give him extra snuggles and nose rubs.

Ooh, poor Rimmi :(
If he's still holding it up now I would get it checked by a vet just in case he has injured the toe, e.g fractured or dislocated it xx

Back