PDA

View Full Version : Hutch Insulation

Mrs S
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
My two rabbits are currently in an outdoor hutch covered with a Scratch & Newton Hutch Hugger. We need to insulate the hutch over the winter and were going to get a Scratch & Newton Hutch Snuggle and wondered if anyone else had used one of these and found them to be successful (does it actually do what it says) and if not, what other items can be used to insulate the hutch over the winter?

Thanks

Hanlou
10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi....I don't have rabbits yet so can't give you a direct answer but this is a quote from a thread further down asking a similar question....

Rabbits are actually much better adapted to cold than they are heat. I just use extra bedding and make sure my hutch is covered. You can use silver loft insulation under your tarp - I got mine from a DIY store, it was only about 16for a big roll which did all three hutches so much cheaper than a proper hutch snuggle.

Thought it might interest you! :)

Mrs S
11-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks, will have a look in local DIY store.

Dustyrabbit
11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I have some waterproof backed picnic rugs, one of which is padded like a little quilt, I use those. I know last year some people bought cheap (ASDA) quilts and put these over hutches under waterproof sheeting (IKEA clear shower curtains >1)

Becki xX
11-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Tesco had some sleeping bags in for 1.25 a few weeks ago, I might try those :wave: