• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Insulation

Mrs S

New Kit
My two rabbits are currently in an outdoor hutch covered with a Scratch & Newton Hutch Hugger. We need to insulate the hutch over the winter and were going to get a Scratch & Newton Hutch Snuggle and wondered if anyone else had used one of these and found them to be successful (does it actually do what it says) and if not, what other items can be used to insulate the hutch over the winter?

Thanks

Hi....I don't have rabbits yet so can't give you a direct answer but this is a quote from a thread further down asking a similar question....

Rabbits are actually much better adapted to cold than they are heat. I just use extra bedding and make sure my hutch is covered. You can use silver loft insulation under your tarp - I got mine from a DIY store, it was only about £16for a big roll which did all three hutches so much cheaper than a proper hutch snuggle.

Thought it might interest you! :)

I have some waterproof backed picnic rugs, one of which is padded like a little quilt, I use those. I know last year some people bought cheap (ASDA) quilts and put these over hutches under waterproof sheeting (IKEA clear shower curtains >£1)

Back