• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Talk me out of it please! U/D post 27 :(

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Two months ago when I popped to the garden centre for hay I saw 2 gorgeous black english lops for sale. Although they were babies they were pretty big already and very cute.

I asked my boss about them, she breeds EL's which is how come I got my bridge bun Mopsy, also an EL. She said that they had come from her. They are Mopsys sisters.

Fast forward to today.......they are still there.:( They are obviously much bigger now and no longer 'cute' baby buns. They are being kept in a hexagonal glass cage like a fish tank. It cant be any bigger than 3ft by 2ft. They are on sawdust and only have a little hay. No toys, nowhere to hide.:cry: Two weeks ago when I was there they had no hay and no water. I complained and it was dealt with but seriously!:evil:

I really, really want to bring them home.:( I know its not right and just freeing up space for more baby buns but they have no quality of life.:cry: The fact that they are Mopsys sisters just makes it even worse.:cry:

I would have to keep them inside now at least till May as they have never been outside and its cold now.

I really want to do this but I know I shouldnt. Help! Talk me out of it!

Last edited:
normally i would say don't buy from garden centres, pet shops etc, as like you say, they just replace them again.

but on saying that, they have obviously got to you and you seem upset and can't stop thinking about them....so i think you should get them. if they have had that much of an effect on you.

did you really want talking out of it??! if so, i haven't helped.

but these two deserve a good life and happy home aswell and aslong as you can provide that for them, then i don't see a problem. :wave:

.....:shock::shock::shock:Get them!:shock::shock::shock:

...not talking you out of it....sorry!

:oops: Agree, get them and try to stop your boss from breeding. At least you know they wll have a good home. Think of it as "rescuing" from the pet shop - as you say this time of year and if they are past the "cute" baby stage who knows what will happen to them.

Sorry, I have no willpower as Homer was probably in a similar situation 6 years ago and I went back to get him. I have never looked back and know that he would be dead now as most people would not put up with his teeth problems and mucky bum! (My other 3 have all been rescued)

Good luck on whatever you decide.

I was in a similar postion last year about Honey. Long story, but after 2 weeks of thinking about her, I went and got her. I haven't looked back!

Sometimes things are meant to be.

I'll go and find my threads so you can have a read (if you want to)

........... Be back soon:D:D:D

I guess all I'd say is do you have space and can you give them the life they deserve? If the answers are yes................ then do it and do it soon!!!

:lol::lol::lol: your never going to come on here and get talked OUT of getting a bun!!

Good luck with whatever you decide x

p.s i think you should get them

:roll: you'd think people would have learnt this by now! Although maybe that was it - she knew we'd talk her into it...ah I have revealed your cunning plan, mwahahahaha!

I really did want talking out of it honest! I think O/H is going to say no anyway. Its just heart breaking thinking of those 2 girlies. They are so like Mopsy.:(

I need someone to remind me of all the reasons why not!

Could you cope if they were not actually 2 Does.......................

Just painting a worst case scenario !!

Good point!!:D

If it's been two months since they were "cute ickle" baby buns then my maths say that they could have already had a litter by now. If not, and one is male, then surely it's likely that the female could be pregnant now, and her tummy could be felt for kits. Also looking underneath for little boy bits first could be peace of mind...

Back