• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunny is gettin the snip tomorrow

mine was done the other week too!! i felt so guilty that morning cause he was running around the living room crazy and binkying!! he was back to his normal self pretty much the same night though bless him! :D

:wave: Best of luck my little fella is booked in for 3 weeks time and I sooo hope it goes alright :roll: Best of luck to you ♥

My male, Bouncer, was done today. He is an outdoor bun but he's in my room tonight, eating, drinking, pooing and full of life. He has recovered almost immediately, whereas it took my female a couple of days to get back to normal.

I wouldn't worry too much i'm sure he will be absolutely fine :)

My male, Bouncer, was done today. He is an outdoor bun but he's in my room tonight, eating, drinking, pooing and full of life. He has recovered almost immediately, whereas it took my female a couple of days to get back to normal.

I wouldn't worry too much i'm sure he will be absolutely fine :)

He is an outdoor bun too :) i am dreading it tonight as we have got to keep him indoors. we have got a dog and she goes mental when she sees the bunny out in the garden let alone in the house arrgghhhh. I will have to sneak the bunny in while she is outside i think so she dosnt know.
more srtess to life:lol:

Last edited:
I'll be booking Bramble in soon too. Be interested to hear how it went. My OH is the same, thinking about it makes his eyes water!

Lorenzo was done on Monday!

I felt sooooooooo guilty! :cry: When he had an injection a few weeks ago the vet looked at his teeth and said that he may need a dental too so I asked them to do everything whilst he was under the general anaesthetic.

It made for quite an expensive vet bill but I am glad it is all done now! Apparently he did have spurs and they were causing a small ulcer so I am cutting down his dry food and giving him loads more hay from now on.

I collected him Monday afternoon and he was really dozy. I kept him in the kitchen over night (no heating on in the house) and he was fine, although I was worried that he didn't drink much. He was eating and pooing as normal though and the vet said this was ok.

Yesterday morning I put him into his night time huch (it is more sheltered and I can restrict where he goes to just the top floor) and he is there again today. This afternoon he goes to the vet for a check up and I am going to ask if he can go back into his big daytime run and hutch tomorrow!

He seems to be a bit upset and confused about everything - he is almost back to his normal cheeky self but I think that I am going to have to work on building up his 'trust' a bit more again (I got him at the end of September as a rescue rabbit).

While he was drowsy on Tuesday morning he let me pick him up and gently examine his operation site. I tried to do the same this morning and he ran into the corner of his hutch and cowered so I have left it for today and the nurse can look later. He is taking his medication (Metacam) like a good boy and is moving around well so I am not too concerned. I just want a happy and content bunny! I don't think he is too upset though as his little teeth were chattering away last night and this morning while I was stroking him, which is a sign of a content bun!

I collect Daisy on Saturday and I want to get her spayed too. I just don't know whether to get it done asap before her and Lorenzo meet or whether I should give her a couple of months to settle in first... Any thoughts??

Last edited:
Hi,

Had my little man done around 6 months ago as he had completely fallen in love with any part of me he could get his little paws on, and it was just too much!!:oops:

We took him to the vets and he was drowsy for a day or so after, and any time I stroked his head, he would just lie down and snooze.

I don't regret getting it done, but he is a different rabbit since the op. he is a house rabbit and before the op used to jump up on the sofa beside me and on the bed, and now since the op he's just a lazy little rabbit!!

This is my first post, will have to get some pics up!!
xxx

Back