• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Cherry Blossom

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
On the 26th of Oct, 2 weeks after a dental, we when to the vets as she contiuned to loos weight. My vets said to either PTS or £500+ op to remove her back teeth. Both seemed extreme to me, so I sought the opinion of a bunny savvy vet (I always thought mine were, until this) On that day she weighed 1.5kg. I brought her into the house.

On the 28th we went to see another vet, and talked through many options. We decided to do another dental, taking her teeth down to gumline to try and foster the growth of 'good teeth'. On the 29th she had her second dental. They also found an infected, loose peg tooth at the back, and removed that.

Update is:- she is going from strength to strength. When she went for her second dental she weighted 1.65kg. We went for a check up today, as she keeps moving her moth when she isn't eating and I was worried. Today she now weighs in as 2kg, with the vet being very pleased with her progress. She has food stuck in the hole where her tooth used to be, and is back on anti biotics, just to help prevent infection while the food is lodged there.

Brilliant news that she's doing so well. Well worth the second opinion, hope her dentals are few and far between in future (better still none at all!)

Back