• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dead wild rabbit

Candiflare

Mama Doe
It must be my karma or something, but I take 6 labradors out for a walk every day in the countryside, and today there was a dead wild rabbit lying in my path, all splayed out. It had been shot on the side (which is rare for round here, which makes me think it's horrible teenager's out playing with their guns..) The dogs immediately started eating out of its bullet wound and I started crying :( so ridiculous that I can't deal with death of animals. I tried to push it into the shrubbery with my foot so tractors wouldn't run over it and other animals wouldn't notice it, but.. just makes me so sad.

And the most ridiculous thing is that I'm paralysed when I see a dead or injured animal. it's like I can't stand the sight of it, I think I'm going explode with sadness about it when I see it. I don't know how I'm going to cope with my rabbits dying when they do :(

I can't stand the sight of a dead animal :( My Mable died infront of me and I swear it was the worst thing I've ever seen. I can cope with animal deaths when they're pts, but not when they die infront of me

Back