• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit runs/aviaries

Ben's mum

Warren Veteran
Anyone who's bought them pre-made, can I ask where you got them from? Looking on Ebay but it's hard to tell quality etc from the little photos so recommendations would be good. I'm after the tall walk-in sort

I got mine from "wolfie9", it's 6ft x 6ft x 6ft but I asked to have one of the sides left open to fix it to the shed and to have some floor panels instead. I'm happy with the quality, it's lasted almost a year with no problems. He gives you some plastic ties to fix it together which is a good idea to help you get it held in the right place, but obviously you have to screwn the whole thing together to make it secure. The mesh is standard proper galvanised wire mesh. The wood is a little thinner than I would have liked but all aviary panels use this thin stuff I guess to keep the costs down. It comes with bits of wood that you twist to keep it shut, I added a couple of padlocks of my own to make it properly secure.

side.jpg

The metal brackets you see were added by me and aren't really holding it together, there are screws going all over the place holding it together, I just left them on there to provide extra reinforcement. I also created the small panel you see above the shed and removed the mesh from the bottom left side.

Last edited:
Mines from Aviarys 4 u too. Would just say go for smaller holed wire as Fizz got his ear nipped by a fox through ours :(

Ooo, the rabbit run is new, that is nice. Mine is the chicken run style. He builds to order so you can specify exact size/style/mesh etc.

Back