• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaped into Fudge's run - Pregnant?

kgattrell

Alpha Buck
My two are being neteured and spayed two weeks today and are currently living side by side in seperate runs.

For the last couple of weeks I have been swopping them over to each others run and cages. In the devider between the two I cut a small hole 2x2 squares so they could have some head contact, to get used to each other ahead of bonding.

Today I made the hole slighlty bigger 3x3 squares as they could barely get their heads through. I went in the living room to get ready for work, when I thought I heard a small yelp. When I went to check them Ellie had got through the hole into Fudge's run. They were not fighting just walking and smelling each other, which seems good for the future bonding.

My main concern now is could she be pregnant? I never saw anything, would they get used to each other before they tried anything on... It was probably 5-10 mins tops....

If it was me I would speak to my vet and try and get an appointment for an emergency spay. The op will be simpler if she's not had 2 weeks for the babies to grow :wave:

If it was me I would speak to my vet and try and get an appointment for an emergency spay. The op will be simpler if she's not had 2 weeks for the babies to grow :wave:

I agree

And you are very lucky they didn't get their heads stuck & injure themselves

It only takes a few seconds for a rabbit to get pregnant, so I agree that an emergency spay would be the best plan.

Then keep them separate until they have both recovered from their operations and bond them on neutral territory. It is probably quite frustrating for them, especially for the male, that they can sniff each other, but not follow their natural instincts.

whreabouts are you?
is it Leicester or Notts?
I can recommend some good vets in your area
She really should go for a spey ASAP

Well I definitely wouldn't leave it. Call your surgery, explain the situation and ask if there is another vet that is experienced in doing this.

Thanks just phoned, got an appointment with James on Thursday..

I can't believe it they have been kept seperate for the last three months and for this to happen now. I'm so stupid..... Aghhhhhh....

whreabouts are you?
is it Leicester or Notts?
I can recommend some good vets in your area
She really should go for a spey ASAP

Im in Wales, Noami is my normal vet who I trust 100% but James is good also as Fudge was only there last night and saw James...

glad you have the emergancy spay going ahead. for future reference i wouldnt make a hole in any fence when bonding in case tehy get causght or head stuck as it could prove life threatening or injurys caused. anyway at least spay going ahead. and hopefully it means once they have both been done they can be bonded and it will be an easy bond xxxx

Back