• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could we have some vibes for our old girl Fern/ Shes gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I have dropped Fern off at the vets this morning for a GA, and as she is nearly 8 years and a frenchie we are very worried. Also the last few days she has not seemed herself :(

She was originally going in for a dental but I am not convinced that is her main problem. Bloods have come back clear, but the vet I saw this morning also thinks something else is going on so we are having chest and abdominal x-rays taken first.

The vet questioned her quality of life and if anything susupicious does show in the x-rays we will probably let her go while she is under :cry:

If nothing does then we will bring her home and see how she goes over the next week.

We are so worried as obviously the GA in itself is a big risk and now we have x-ray results to worry about. But we had to do something for her as there is definately something wrong :cry:

I have had Fern since she was 4 months old:love:

Last edited:
My Bugsy (8 yrs plus)had a ga for an abcess a few months ago,I was very worried he'd not come through it but he was fine.

I'll be thinking of Fern today ,hope shes ok.x

Sending lots of (((vibes))) for Fern today Liz. I'm sure she'll be fine and bouncing around sooner than you know.

Loads of vibes for Fern, I have a frenchie and he is so special. When I read on your website about Fern being a sleepy head and sometimes not even noticing you cleaning around her my heart melted :love: All the vibes in the world for your big girlie:)

Sending huge vibes for Fern. I'm hoping the x ray results are good and that she's home with you soon. :love::love:

We have let Fern go to the bridge :cry::cry::cry:

The x-rays showed that she was in heart failure, her heart was extremely enlarged and fluid was starting to collect in her chest cavity, which was why she had deteriorated in the last couple of days. It also explains her weight loss as not enough oxygen was getting to her muscles causing them to waste away :(

The other x-ray also showed that she had severe arthritis in her spine and this was causing nerve damage resulting in her incontinence :(

Fern was a beautiful bunny who has been with us for 7 and a half years. She was given to us by a breeder who couldn't sell her because she was too small for her breed standard and a boring colour :(

She lost her life long partner Flint just a few months ago and try as we might she would not accept another bunny, so at least they are now reunited at the bridge, and she doesn't have to endure a cold winter alone.

Back