• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else really excited about buying their rabbits xmas presents?

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Ive already got everything picked out and in my shopping basket on the hay experts :oops:
Going to try and resist buying it too early.

I've already bought most, though I've just seen two more things I must buy for them! :lol: no wonder I have no money! ..ever!

Not just me then, lol.
Im getting them a new wicker basket and filling it with some oat wheat and barle hay,burns herb/flower mixes, a couple of hay cookies, a new willow ball and throwing some pellets in.
They should go mad for it.

I really enjoy looking at presents and deciding what to get my pets!
I've got my hamster this gorgeous!! edible house - shame it wont last 5 mins when he gets it! LOL

I think mine havd had enough presents this year ;) they will be getting treats to go in their personalised stockings though :)

I think mine havd had enough presents this year ;) they will be getting treats to go in their personalised stockings though :)

Stockings! You have just reminded me.
My tortoises and my lizard all have their own stocking, I must get the rabbits one each too! My first christmas with rabbits, yay.

I've got mine the personalised stockings, a rope and wood dumbell each, a wooden carrot chew which attaches to the their enclosure each, a willow dumbell for Brian, a giant willow wreath for Max, Jemimah and Lola have a pink bunny wooden rattle each, Lenny has a herb mix, and there's a pack of locus beans, treatums and fenugreek crunchies to share between them. Lola has also got a new tunnel, Max a new tent and Jemimah and Brian and Lenny a little castle hideaway igloo each.

The cats have got a stocking too, new collars, new toys x 5! and some fresh catnip and catgrass. oh and a cat feather boa each! :lol:

All will be getting advent calendars and that's all they'll be allowed until christmas! The other stuff above they'll have to unwrap on christmas day! Yes I've already wrapped it all too.. :lol:

Every week though if I get carried away I spoil the buns :shock:.

I've got mine the personalised stockings, a rope and wood dumbell each, a wooden carrot chew which attaches to the their enclosure each, a willow dumbell for Brian, a giant willow wreath for Max, Jemimah and Lola have a pink bunny wooden rattle each, Lenny has a herb mix, and there's a pack of locus beans, treatums and fenugreek crunchies to share between them. Lola has also got a new tunnel, Max a new tent and Jemimah and Brian and Lenny a little castle hideaway igloo each.

The cats have got a stocking too, new collars, new toys x 5! and some fresh catnip and catgrass. oh and a cat feather boa each! :lol:

All will be getting advent calendars and that's all they'll be allowed until christmas! The other stuff above they'll have to unwrap on christmas day! Yes I've already wrapped it all too.. :lol:

Every week though if I get carried away I spoil the buns :shock:.

SPOILT pets!
Bet they are all going to have an awesome christmas!
There isnt much you can treat tortoises too, two of them need new bowls to bath in, and they all get a cherry tomato each, they love them, but shouldnt really eat them so they get them once a year, lol. (providing they are awake at christmas, depends)
My Lizard will be having some tasty wax worms, also something she isnt allowed to eat 99 percent of the time.

I am not sure our lot will know the difference as I seem to be buying things almost constantly for them :oops::oops:

Perhaps I ought not to give them anything new or treat-wise til Chrimbo so it feels more special.

Yeah right, as if thats going to happen....:lol::roll::lol::roll:

:)

i hadn't thought about christmas and the buns, but when i did, this came to mind - a bunny christmas...

"no hay in our manger
not one nibble left
alfalfa or timothy
of hay we're bereft...

but mummy is coming
with lots of good things
green beans and carrotses
and hayses she brings!"

to the tune of...well, you've probably guessed....:lol:

i am so excited! me and bf don't buy each other anything and buy loads for the pets instead! ches and maisies first xmas here so they will be spoilt aswell! can't wait to buy for them all! :D

Yes haven't bought them yet as I know I would give them to them early. Have you seen the Christmas stuff on Pampered Piggies. :)

Yes haven't bought them yet as I know I would give them to them early. Have you seen the Christmas stuff on Pampered Piggies. :)

I have never shopped at pampered piggies.... im going to have a look now. Hay experts have started adding christmas stuff.

BiscandMatt, thats an awesome idea, I dont think my family would be too impressed if I did that though, since all my money goes on the pets all year round anyway. :oops:
Most of my friends buy me stuff for the pets though, mostly because they are all I ever really talk about, so they feel obliged to do so :lol:

We spend a lot of money on our 14 bunnies at Christmas.

Hoppy Christmas 2007.
2412072.jpg

Hoppy Christmas 2008.

24-12-082.jpg

The couple that found Jamie and the RSPCA couldn't take in we took and the couple bought Jamie these for Xmas. (how nice was that of them)

24-12-083.jpg

And everyone of our buns has a Christmas Stocking with their name on and the stockings of the Bridge bunnies go on a big bunny memorial Xmas tree called 'The Keegan Tree' everything on it is a bunny ornament or soft bunny toy and even the lights are bunnies and the stockings of all our lost bunnies over the years.

25-12-08.jpg

The Keegan Tree.

2-12-082.jpg

Back