• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ears flat against head

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
What does this mean? Jose's ears seem to be flat against her head lately - not all the time but i've never noticed them do this before.

Is she outdoors? If so it may be that she's cold. Rabbits have a lot of blood vessels in their ears which helps them to keep cool on a hot day, but in winter they need to preserve heat, hence them being flattened against her body.

lola puts her ears flat back across her head when she's being naughty/aggressive...not sure if thats any help but it's the only time ive seen it:D

Mine does it when relaxing & it's a bit cool, the code is - front paws apart + ears on back = "please do not disturb".
House rabbits can also feel cold with sudden temperature changes. Mine asked me to put the fire on, I took a photo after, of a cold bun warming his bum!
I find that there is a broad "code of standard behaviour" but it has been very modified with us, according to my response, & the same behaviour can mean different things in different situations.

Tippex Porkychicken does this when she's sleepy:
DSCF0745-1.jpg

Back