• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Piles?

w1lll

Mama Doe
I noticed that quite a few people on here have big piles of hay in their setups. Should I have one in my shed?

Depends - what else do you have in there? I use big piles of hay for bedding so the buns can snuggle in and get warm. Their eating hay goes in a bowl.

Depends - what else do you have in there? I use big piles of hay for bedding so the buns can snuggle in and get warm. Their eating hay goes in a bowl.

Here's a quite old pic:
003.jpg

Cardboard box now replaced with a cat carrier, and a cat flap is fitted going into the run (on the left)
Oh, and the newspaper's been replaced by rubber matting

I used to have a pile of hay for them to dig in but I noticed yesterday that they'd started weeing in it. :roll: So now we have two poo boxes instead.

Looks great ! Yep mine poo and wee in it too :roll: I think so long as they have a place to snuggle if its cold its fine. My hay bundles are in old hutches inside their shed/garages, maybe stuff the carrier with hay or a shelf on the bookshelf? x

Looks great ! Yep mine poo and wee in it too :roll: I think so long as they have a place to snuggle if its cold its fine. My hay bundles are in old hutches inside their shed/garages, maybe stuff the carrier with hay or a shelf on the bookshelf? x

Actually come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't have a massive hav pile, not with timmy's fur :roll:. I suppose I could get an underbed storage box to replace their current litter tray and put loads of hay in there...

Back