• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you ever heard of? F.A.O Liz, Hugo's There!

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Rabbits been offered a free home for special needs children.
Advert was put on Preloved yesterday apparently and it seems really suspious. It says...

do you not have time for your bunny anymore. we are looking for rabbits to help special needs children. they will have 10 star lives. must be free as our funding is low thank you .

:cry:

Advert was put on Preloved yesterday apparently and it seems really suspious. It says...

do you not have time for your bunny anymore. we are looking for rabbits to help special needs children. they will have 10 star lives. must be free as our funding is low thank you .

Hummmpph - if their funding is low they won't be able to afford to keep them! It does sound suspicious, but maybe the author is just stupid rather than nasty.

Hummmpph - if their funding is low they won't be able to afford to keep them! It does sound suspicious, but maybe the author is just stupid rather than nasty.

I just wanna know what happens to the buns after :cry: i have a funny feeling about this :cry:

i imagine they are trying to help teach special need s children to learn with responsibility and caring for a pet however im not sure a rabbit is the right animal to do this with...most likely good intentions but a poor understanding. x

Sounds suspicious to me. Hope people go and homecheck if they are tempted to hand their animal over.

If I were you, I'd pm Liz (Hugo's There), as she deals with ads like this. She may be able to convince them not to adopt any bunnies if they can't afford to look after them, pay vets fees etc.

Do they mention the buns being young or small?
Because usually this means the rabbits are for snake food :roll:

One man was looking for free, young rabbits for his 'disabled sister'

my mum in law works in a home for the mentally handicapped and they had a little bunny,we offered to give it a home ut it was one of the residents so we were only allowed it if he said we could have it.We got it out and it had huge overgrown nails,matted bum, and it could barely walk as it has never been allowed out of the hutch.the carers said they didnt have time for it as they had to look after the residents.we went back 2 weeks later to "steal" it but it had died:cry:.if this is a true advert there is no way it would have a 10* life:roll:

Do they mention the buns being young or small?
Because usually this means the rabbits are for snake food :roll:

One man was looking for free, young rabbits for his 'disabled sister'

That is exactly what I thought! I don't think they have to be small either.:(

Back